•03• The Match

•03•

I feel the worst when I am alone,
Because,
At the time the Monsters in my head say Hello.

♡♡♡♡♡♡

The road was silent not even an animal to be seen and he felt as if he was coming back, back to who he is not trying to be, who he wants to burry deep within.

A spike of anger strikes him.

His neck tilts to the side and then back to its original position. He looks at the rear view mirror. His eyes were red. He could hear the trickling blood.

Every drop that fell to the ground made him more thirsty.

He tries really hard but blood turns him into someone he never knew.

He stopped the car and decided to hunt, but his father's words came racing to him, bringing him back to his senses, "Don't let blood down that throat of yours or I'll rip you into pieces"

He restarted the car and resumed his trip back to the castle of Diyu. The guards let him in in and he was welcomed in the dining hall with cold stares.

"For you, Mother" He handed the bouquet to her. She gave him a tight lipped smile and he took his seat.

"So, Lucifer how are your studies at Stellaris?" James asked.

"Totally fine dad. I'll be graduating the junior level this year and taking Royalty as my major" Lucifer  answers.

"Nice " James remarked and turned towards his daughter, Lilliana, "And you Liliana?"

"All's okay dad, Practicals have commenced and I am struggling to fight for sleep. It'll be over this year and I too would join the intermediate level"

"Exams are important but health is important too. Don't get sick." Lilliana smiles gently on Queen Lily's words.

"And Arthur?" The queen asked. "It's all good there too. I'll be Joining the Stellaris, soon." He announced and everyone stared at him.

"No" James interrupted.

"Why father?," he asked, trying to remain as calm as possible.

"I have already told you what options you could choose for your future. Why don't you opt them?," Lily explained.

She felt this dinner is going to be his last with them.

It was all familiar, it felt like history repeating itself.

After Arthur had left the palace, they had left no stone unturned to find him. He was a small twelve year old boy back then, his body as of a twig.

But he had changed.

The once tiny boy was now more bulky and taller than his brother, Lucifer, who was raised in all luxuries. It felt as if he had trained himself, physically and emotionally, to live in that outer world.