•06• Welcome to Freshmen Year

•06•

You were the ray of hope in my darkness,
The light which light up my world.
And I promise sweetheart,
For you I'll burn the world.

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

Matilda anxiously logged into the online portal to view her exam results, her heart pounding with anticipation.

As the screen loaded, her parents took all the three phones in the house, ready too spread the news.

She entered her details and the page began to load again.

As soon as she blinked, her result stood on the screen and the whole family screamed with joy.

To her surprise, the numbers didn't align with her expectations. Instead of the coveted 400 out of 500, she discovered that she had achieved an impressive 99.998%. Confusion flickered in her eyes as she scrolled down to see the ranking.

On the bottom of the page was mentioned her rank in the whole of batch and her Marks against the toppers, which is the top five.

There, at the top of the list,

was Arthur Bond,

the boy known for his solitude and lack of friends,

the boy who had a charm which no girl seem to notice,

the boy who she wanted to see more often,

a friend who helped her.

Matilda's initial disappointment morphed into a mix of surprise and admiration. She couldn't help but marvel at Arthur's academic prowess. He was indeed an academic genius. She had guessed it right. That loner boy managed to get an all perfect, 100 on each subject. But still, he scored 99.9999%.

The subjectwise comparison chart with the topper demonstrated it clearly that he had lost marks in the class participation section, that had to be given by the respective school's to the Stellaris central committee.

Ofcourse. That had to happen.

He is literally on mute in class.

Meanwhile she had lost marks in the Viva. As expected, but a point zero zero two percent deduction is fine for her.

But then a realization hits her hard,

The realization of standing second in the line of 4 million candidates , just a fraction behind Arthur, filled her with a sense of accomplishment.

But her father was upset. She had stood second with a low margin. He wanted her to be first.

The whole day was filled with congratulation calls, messages and gifts from her neighbors and of course you cannot forget the repeated reminders for a party by her friends.

Surprisingly and to her own heart attack, her dad took her shopping because she had worn the clothes of her brother and some old sisters which her aunts have given her most of the time. They rarely brought new dresses unless it was of course, the spring festival or the worshipping day but her dad had taken some money from his friend and bought her a whole set of clothes, a brand new phone phone and the purse she had been beging for since fucking 2 years.

The day was a dream come true. When she returned from shopping, A letter also came. It stated that she had to fly to Stellaris and the tickets were attached with the letter.

Her mother had packed everything and the new stuff she had brought was quickly put in and she was dropped off at the airport.

The farewell was an emotional one. Her mom was miserably crying while her dad was just trying to hold her up. Her dad had even hugged her!