Chapter 3: Vanity. (Revised)

It's been 14 hours. Today is Friday, the last day of school. Jericho is still in his uniform. He takes a deep breath once again and tries to wear pants. He closed his eyes and once again he felt nauseous and went to the toilet and started to vomit.

"Disgusting, disgusting"

He kept repeating to himself in a pained voice, the burning sensation in his throat, the taste of the rancid acid go through his mouth and nose felt excruciating.

He tried to flush but his hand shook heavily and his fingers missed, he tripped and hit his forehead on the lid. He got up and flushed it again.

His house had two floors, he was on the second floor bathroom and went down the stairs to eat food. He opens a cabinet and sees a can of corn, he grabs it and opens the can. He grabs the nearest utensil, it was a fork. He sighed and went to the couch. The couch smelled of sweat and mould but it didn't bother him, it was his normalcy.

He ate the corn slowly, feeling the smooth texture of each piece and the water squirting as you bit into it, it was fun to eat at least. He got up and went to his room once again. He saw the pants he needed to wear.

He sighed and closed his eyes as he cried. He wore it, he felt proud and happy. He wore his dusty backpack and he got out of the house. His hair was unwashed, his body was unwashed and he still reeked of sourness, sweat and the stench of spoiled meat, yet he still wore a smile ready to go.

He walked 3 steps away from his house and sat down on the ground, he was sitting there for a while until suddenly. He raised his hand, got up and said. "The answer is 5.21!" He looked around the empty woods looking proud, almost as if he saw, heard and felt something that never existed.

He put down his hand again and saw quietly, he looked behind him. There was no one there but his house but still he whispered.

"Hey, was there homework yesterday?"

He stared blankly, looking at a ghost of what once was and nodded like someone had answered him.

"Oh, good, thanks!".

He looked to his front once again but instead with an incredibly gloomy look and tears began to flood the gates of humanity, he started to wail endlessly and threw his bag on the floor. He kicked it as he howled in sorrow. "I wish... I wish I was still in school!"

He started begging even though nobody was there to hear him, in a forest in the middle of nowhere. He begged to be met with a cold silent response.

"I miss my friends! My teachers! The moments where I had to worry about being late! The moment where I forgot about my homework! I miss having a future!". He wept for hours until once again, he fell asleep.