III - Busy

Matthew

"Love, I'll be up very early tomorrow. Fashion week is around the corner and the company decided to pick models from different countries around the world na magmo-model ng latest designs namin. I have to be there before they all arrive tomorrow at 8am. Of course, kailangan namin magleave nang maganda impression sa kanila." Tumango lang ako.

"I have to be there at 6am. I don't think I can join you for breakfast." She looks tired. It's only 8pm but halata sa kanya ang stress at pagod. Kulang na kulang din siya sa tulog and yet, she managed to make breakfast kanina.

"Love, okay lang naman sakin na hindi ka muna magluto. Get a lot of rest tonight and tomorrow, magbreakfast na lang tayo on our way, okay? Sasabayan na lang kita." Umiling siya.

"Nope. Magbreakfast na lang ako sa daan. You should rest well too. I know you're tired." I nodded. "But are you sure ayaw mong samahan kita?" I asked and she nodded.

The next day, nagising nga ako nang wala si Gabby sa tabi ko. Wala ring pagkain sa hapag-kainan but may letter siyang iniwan.

"For my Matthew,

I'm sorry I couldn't cook breakfast and join you today. I promise I'll make it up!

You hurry and take a bath. Eat your breakfast on your way and don't be late. Love you!

Your Gabriella"

I honestly wanna eat breakfast with her everyday in our lives. But I guess things like this are inevitable. I understand that Gabby needs to prioritise her time. I know she wanted to eat breakfast with me as well but at times like this, work always comes first.

2 months na yata niyang pinagtatrabahuhan nang ayos itong araw na to. I don't wanna get in her way.

It's already 9pm at hindi pa rin nauwi si Gabby from work. She must be very busy. But I wonder if nakakain na ba siya o hindi pa. That thought made me worry. Sometimes, when times like this happens, hindi na talaga naiisip ni Gabby na kumain. Mas ipa-prioritise niya ang work niya. I texted her if may ginagawa pa siya and she replied naman agad na malapit na siyang matapos kaya naman I've decided na puntahan siya sa company niya with a take-out.

It's already 10pm and I've been waiting here for like 20 minutes when Gabby finally showed up. She looks tired and restless. Good thing may parking space siya sa tapat mismo ng company nila kaya naman hindi na siya maglalakad pa nang malayo. I went out of my car para salubungin siya.

"Hey." She looked surprised. I hugged her right away and the moment she leaned her body on me, ramdam ko ang bigat neto.

"Why are you here?" She said. I bet she's resting her body on me; trying to gain her energy back. She must be very drained.

"Para kumain ng dinner with you." Then she looked at me.

"Hindi ka pa nakain?" Halata ang pag-alala sa mukha niya and I just smiled.

"You should've ate dinner without me." She slightly punched me and I smiled.

"How can I eat dinner without you? And when was the last time we ate dinner separately?" Tumango na lang siya.