Price of Beauty - Ch. 5

Third Person

Everybody wants to be pretty, they feel as if that's how they'll get accepted by the world.

When you're "ugly" to someone or more people, you get bullied, pushed around, and get told lots of things such as "___ wants to date you!" Etc.

But when you're pretty in a person's eyes, a lot of worse things can happen.

Details aren't necessary, just look at the news.

As Marigold walked downtown, she could hear the catcalls men we're trying to use to get her attention, some women having to get their boyfriend or family member to look away from her. Most people knew who she was, and everybody knew who her husband was, she had the most successful business in New Zealand and her husband was the most successful stunt driver there.

"Damnn I know you, sexy. Marigum right?" Some random white guy walked up to Mari, it was obvious he was on something, way stronger than weed.

Marigold paid him no mind as she kept waking, she was used to this by now, being on many magazines and having her face plastered everywhere wasn't surprising, she knew she was pretty, she knew people would chase her, she knew paparazzi was everywhere, and she knew she wouldn't be left alone by random strangers.

Thankfully the guy went somewhere else as she reached a small cafe close by, she saw Mikira, her friend of 11 years now.

"I almost forgot you worked here as well as the office." Marigold said making Mikira look up at her.

"Ooh hi hi hi!! You have to tell me all about that sexy recruit you got! You gotta admit she's fineeeee!" Mari smiled a bit thinking about Fletcher, Miki (Mikira) was right, she was a pretty girl, but again, Mari had a husband.

"She's.. yeah she is.. but I barely know the person relax, and you know I have a husband."

"Pass her my way then." Mikira said with absolutely NO hesitation.

"Not too much now, you only know their name dummy, remember what happened last time, you almost drowned going with those scuba divers cause they didn't look out for you."

A few years back, Mikira went on a date with these scuba divers, one a guy and another a girl, she almost ended up drowning because they ended up having sex somewhere else and left Mikira in the water, thankfully she was close to the shore.

"I- I know.. but I'm saying. If you and Jason get in another fight get to know her, y'all are toxic as fuck. I know it may seem weird but it's not cheating unless you do something with her. You need to remember that." Mikira liked Jason, not in a romantic way but she also knew how toxic he and Marigold was and only wanted the best for her friend- yet she didn't think that was Jason.

"Yeah I'll guess if anything happens, we'll see.."

✓✓✓

Back on the grinddd got no school todayyy

Love y'all 😘