Chapter VIII

Wren awoke startled. The last thing he remembered was a deep dark cold settling over him. "You okay?" He looks to his side to see Draco standing there. "Im fine" Wren said, shrugging off the strange feeling he felt. "What happened?" Wren asked "I defeated the other warrior and left them stranded in an abandoned cabin in the woods" Draco said.

"Are you sure it's a good idea to keep them alive?" Wren questioned "If they leak information about our whereabouts, we could have parties visiting us soon". Wren pondered this. I guess I should be morally an obligated to keep them alive, however I can't be so sure since the decision may get Draco killed, plus we already killed 2 of them, so I don't know why we couldn't kill the rest. Wren left Draco alone and worked on repairing the dungeon. While no major damage had been done, some of the items and traps had been set off, and he needed to recreate the golem workforce.

Wren went to bed.

...

Upon waking up in the morning, Wren noticed something strange in the air. Smoke.. this could only mean one thing. Wren leaped out of his bed and equipped himself,  as well as giving Draco some of the fallen warriors armor. "Are you sure it's a good idea to investigate? It may just be some innocent travelers and we might just spook them, and alert them to the presence of a nearby dungeon" Draco asked. 

"We have to know" Wren said, reaffirming his own opinion. Wren and Draco set out, making a mental note of the suns position in the sky. It seemed to be about noon. Upon traveling a large distance towards the smell, which Draco's keen sense of smell managed to determine what was burning. Meat, a large bonfire was cooking about 400 meters away from the dungeon.

Creeping ever closer to the bonfire, Draco and Wren forged through bushes and the forest. When they finally found the source of the smell, dread set in.

They just found a hunter camp.