Life Altering

Liam's POV

"Liam, love. Open your eyes, let me see those puppy dog browns," a warm voice whispers in my ear. I can feel this person's hand holding mine and I feel a weight on one of my legs. Somebody's fingertips are dancing through my hair. I feel an IV in my arm and everything feels like it weighs a ton.

I open my eyes desperate to see what is going on and who is here.

I blink a couple of times looking around me. My eyes slowly adjust to the light of the room. I recognize where I am at as Dr. Ada's medical bus. I am laying in the hospital bed. Across from me I see two cribs right next to each other and I can make out the two forms that lay in them fast asleep.

I try to look out the window, but where the window was there is now a wall of steel.

"We had to close them. We couldn't risk anybody smashing their way in. I bet you didn't even know about our fancy steel curtains," Dr. Ada smiles from above me.

"W-What happened?" I ask my voice hoarse. A straw is held out in front of me and I take a small sip relief filling me at the taste of the cold water as it runs down my dry throat. I meet eyes with the person that offered me the drink and smile when I see the ice blue eyes meet mine.

"Liam, what is the last thing you remember?" Dr. Ada asks confusing me.

"We were on the bus...I was asleep. I think the bus hit the breaks, I don't remember why. It woke me up...I remember getting sick and pain...I remember it hurt SO bad. It was awful...I think there were weird smells too. Burning rubber, um fuel maybe and the smell of burning meat...There were people they grabbed me. I-I remember being afraid. Dr. Ada, what happened?" I ask for the second time sense I woke up.

I take in the others around the room, wanting to see what they looked like, what their facial expressions say.

Louis has lost all of his brightness. His smile is fake, I can see it in his eyes. There is smudges of black on his face and there is a large bruise on his upper arm. His hair is a mess, he is only in a pair of sweat pants.

I glance over to where Harry sits on the edge of my bed his hand resting on my lower leg. His hair for the first time I can remember looks disorderly and is sticking up in odd angles. I didn't even know his hair could do things like that. He has red rings around his eyes telling me he has been crying and even now his eyes are glassy with tears. His smile is watery and breaks my heart. There is smudges of dirt and cuts on his face. He like everybody else, aside from Dr. Ada and Melissa, is in a stage of half-dressed.

Niall is sitting off in the corner in a chair his legs drawn to his chest tears running down his cheeks. There is blood and bruising on his arms. His hair almost looks brown with filth. Andy, our bodyguard, is whispering to him rubbing his back. Trying to get him to calm down.

"He's been like that for the past three hours. We have all tried calming him," Harry comments his words making me shatter. What is so horrible that could do this to my Nialler?

Paddy is by the door phone pressed to his ear. He is dressed all in black. His hair looks like it has been run through too many times. There are bags under his eyes, bruises, swelling and blood covers his arms.

I so badly want to get up and check on the twins, but something tells me they won't let me.

"Are the babies okay?" I ask looking over to the twins and my hand going to my belly. The small curve that is there assures me a little. The wires though that I feel are attached set alarms off in my head. I lift my head up my hands exploring my stomach and any other part of me I can touch. There are wires on my tummy, some on my chest, an IV in my arm, a hospital bracelet around my wrist, I have several pillows propping me up,blankets are draped over me and I am in a gown instead of the PJs I had been in.