Dr. Winchester and Heather

Zayn's POV

4:00 am and none of us are sleeping. Liam's transition symptoms are hitting him hard. He's kneeled in front of the toilet now throwing up violently. I rub his back trying to bring him some sort of comfort. Louis is working on getting a whole of Dr. Winchester and Harry is changing the sheets of our bed after Liam woke up and threw up all over them.

"I'm sorry...ugh..." Liam groans resting his head on the toilet rim. He is trembling and starts to curl up himself whimpering in pain from cramps.

"You're fine. This is expected babe. We're all just worried," I assure him letting him fall back into my arms. I cradle him rubbing his back as he cries quietly. 

"Dr. Winchester and Heather are on their way up. How are you doing Li?" Louis asks coming into the room and kneeling down beside me. 

"Not so good. I'm really hurting," he replies sitting up in my arms allowing me to wrap my arms around him in a more secure way. He nuzzles into my chest his fingers wrapping securely into the fabric of my shirt.

"I'm sorry, baby. Hopefully Dr. Winchester will be able to help you," Louis replies kissing the top of Liam's head. He cradles Liam's sweaty cheek. 

Cries come over the baby monitor drawing all of our attention.

"Lucas," Liam mumbles trying to get up from my arms, but I hold him tightly.

"I'll take care of it, Li. I'll be right back. You just rest," Louis kisses his cheek before rising, he gives me a pointed look that shows his worry as well  to make sure Liam doesn't leave my sight, and hurrying out of the room to check on the babies.

"Let's get you to the medical room. Dr. Winchester will want you in there," I tell him lifting lifting him up off the floor and holding him close. He doesn't even have the energy to lift his arms to wrap them around my neck. He just shifts his weight trying to level it out.

Harry is gone from our room the bed made neatly. I carry Liam out the door passing the nursery. Louis and Harry are both whispering in the twin's room while trying to calm the twins down. Elisa's nursery is next door and she is fast asleep in her crib. 

I push open the medical room door with my hip. I lay Liam down on the hospital style bed not wanting to make him lay on the uncomfortable examination table. 

"We're here, we're here," Dr. Winchester says from the doorway hurrying in with a sloppily dressed Heather behind him.

"How is he doing?" Heather asks coming over to my side. She reaches out stroking Liam's cheek, "How you doing, sweetheart?"

"I'm tired and don't feel well at all," he replies his eyes watery as he struggles to keep his eyes open. 

"We're going to fix that for you. We'll try to make you comfortable as much as possible for the next two and half weeks of the transition. Just relax, Little One," Dr. Winchester replies coming over to us with an IV. He sets it up inserting it into Liam's arm and hanging the bag of the medication from its pole. 

"Two and a half weeks of this...Why is it so bad this time?" Liam asks watching as Dr. Winchester brings over some vitals and the things need to draw some blood. 

"For the same reason it began so early which I will be finding out now with the proper blood tests," Dr. Winchester responds as Heather and I pull the blankets around Liam. He looks up at me with tired eyes and all I can do is cradle his face in my hand. 

"Don't you worry, babe, we're going to take care of you," I promise him kissing the side of his head again. Dr. Winchester takes three vials of blood before bandaging him up quickly. He moves over to his little testing table and starts his research.