An Unusual Wedding

Liam's POV

"Would you stop fussing? I'm almost done," Ruth orders me as I try to move the white button down shirt around my belly trying to make it feel looser.

"It looks weird and is uncomfortable. Why do I have to wear an entirely white tux?" I whine trying to rest my hand on my swollen five month belly, but Ruth shoves my hand away as she fixes my pants.

"You're technically the bride and the bride wears white, plus it's tradition," she replies getting to her feet and pulling on the suit coat for me. I continue to mess with the shirt hating how it shows just how big my belly is already.

"Liam James, stop messing with your shirt. Your stomach is beautiful. Now everything is set. You just have to go see Melissa in the other room and then the ceremony begins!" my mum smiles squeezing my arm excitement lighting up her eyes.

"Did the other boys get theirs done already?" I ask biting my lip nervously.

"Yup and they're waiting together on the other side of the building. Don't be nervous I'll be with you the entire time when Melissa does it," my mum takes my hand leading me out of the room after Ruth kisses my cheek.

I follow my mum cling to her hand tightly shamelessly. It's not like there is anybody in this hall to see me.

"Are the twins okay?" I ask hoping to stall her for as long as possible.

"Liam, Nicola is taking care of them. They're fine," she assures me as we enter the room where Melissa sits with a table that is glistening silver and sterile. I sit down in the chair on the other side my mum squeezes my shoulder from behind me. 

"It's okay Liam. I've done this several times before. It doesn't hurt like a regular tattoo. It's different ink and a different type of needle," Melissa assures me as she begins. The needle going to my ring finger on my left hand, "This ink is truly amazing. It will never fade and you don't have to worry about it afterwards, no bandages, nothing. It's not available to the public, only Carriers and their owners can use it," she talks as she carefully moves the needle across my finger. I am careful to not move, but tears sting my eyes because it does still hurt.

"There is no way to remove it so it makes whoever the Carrier bonds with permanent, meaning there isn't exactly many Carrier divorces," she continues giving me a quick smile before going back to her work, "Okay fist one done. Two more to go!" she encourages moving onto the next finger, my middle one.

My mum runs her fingers up and down my back comforting me as she cries above me.

"I can't believe this is actually happening, my baby is getting married," she cries kissing my cheek.

"One more finger Liam," Melissa warns me as she works.

After another five minutes she sits back with a smile on her face. 

"You may look at them if you like," she smiles as she turns grabbing some things from behind her. I lift my hand up to for my mum and I to see.

On my ring finger is Harry Styles written in a fine cursive around my finger in the shape of a ring and in the exact same position a ring would be. Below his name is a small paper airplane.  

On my middle finger is Zayn Malik. His name written much like Harry's, but below his name is the word 'zap' written very finally in comic book print.

Lastly is my pointer finger. Louis Tomlinson is written just like the ones before. Below his name near my knuckle, like the others, is a tiny surf board.

"They picked each icon at the end. I don't their meaning, but it will be explained later," Melissa gives my cheek a peck before helping me out of my seat.