Chapter 1: The Wolves

Hey!!!!

Are you guys excited about my new book?????

Well here it is Faithful Shifters!!!

(And to those who are new to my books, Faithful Shifters is the name of my fandom lol. Like how One Direction's fandom is called Directioners. Kinda like that. And yes I have a fandom lol. My fans came up with that name :) which I like a lot haha.)

Anywhore (you will see that I say this a lot) on with the chapter!

(Jack up top along with Critter)

------------------------------

Jack

I groaned as my alarm clock rang through my room.

"What the hell?" I yelled as I slammed my hand down on the snooze button.

I sat up and slowly rubbed my eyes.

I wanted to scream as I saw that I have 1 hour before work.

But I like my job.

I'm a vet tech at the local clinic and I love it. I've always loved animals more than people.

And I finally finished vet tech school and getting the job at the clinic wasn't hard.

Emily is the owner and she is like a second mom to me.

She knew my parents and my problem.

My parents are what you would call the stereotypical rich parents.

My mom was a very successful lawyer and my dad was a very successful doctor. My mom never lost a case and my dad never lost a patient. Ya. They were that good.

But seeing as they were so good at their job, they were never home. Emily was the one who always took care of me.

To make up for never being here for me, they bought me everything I wanted. If I so much as looked in its direction, my parents were buying it.

I was pretty sure they didn't know what love was either. Them buying me stuff was their way of being parents.

And they would always send me a giant check once a week for the bills and any food that I want.

Even after I buy everything I need, I still have a bunch left over.

I hated it. I would rather be poor and have them here than be rich and them gone all the time.

My parents live somewhere in California right now. They decided that once I was in college, they hit the hills. Leaving our house behind for me when I was done with college.

It absolutely sucked.

I sighed as I thought about it.

And if you are wondering about my name, yes I know it's a boy's name.

I guess when my mom was looking at the picture of me on the screen, a pixel was out and made it look like I had a boy part. So thus the name Jack was born.

But when I came out a girl, my parents didn't have any other name picked out, and to be honest. I don't think my mom really cared either way. So they kept the name Jack.

I jumped in surprise when Critter crawled into my lap.

I smiled and petted him behind his ear.

Critter is my pet raccoon.

I was coming home one night when I saw a small black dot on the ground by a tree.

I picked it up without thinking because it was pouring outside and I wasn't just gonna leave it.