Chapter 18: Vet Tech Meets The Alpha

Aww poor Jack. I feel so bad for her. :/

I finally took my fake nails off and I can type so much easier right now. I love it haha. Never again am I getting fake nails. Bad, bad, very bad idea.

Anywhore. On wit dis storayy!

-------------------------------------

Jack

I stood in front of River frozen.

He is Leo. Leo is him.

"Y-you're Leo?" I asked River with wide eyes.

So I wasn't imagining it.

"And the vet tech meets the alpha." Nolan said laughing.

"Now is not the time idiot!" Cooper yelled as he smacked Nolan on the back of the head.

I watched as River gave me a guilty look and hung his head as he nodded.

All my secrets.

"T-that means." I mumbled to myself. "Y-you know all my secrets."

"Jack." River pleaded as he took a step towards me. "I-I'm sorry."

I took a step back as he took one forward.

"I trusted Leo. Or you. Or whatever!" I yelled as tears started to swell up in my eyes. "You weren't supposed to know those things!"

"I know. And I'm sorry." River said as he stepped closer. "I didn't want it to turn out this way."

"You fucker!" I yelled as I slapped him. "You weren't supposed to know any of that. Everything I told you was a secret and no one was supposed to find out!"

"Jack." River cried as he held his cheek. "Please."

"No!" I yelled as tears started to drip and roll down my cheek. "No! I told Leo those things in privacy. I thought he was just a normal wolf. That's why I talked. I told you things about yourself!"

I shut my eyes and I poured my heart out about my parents.

"And I'm sorry." River said as he walked up to me.

I flinched back and shoved his hand away from my arm.

"I spilled everything about my parents. Everything about Georgia and Derek." I said angrily as I wiped my tears.

"I know. I didn't mean for you to find out like that. I wanted to be the one to tell you." River said sadly.

"Even if you were gonna tell me." I said as I glared at him. "You shouldn't have heard any of that!"

River looked down defeated and ran a hand through his hair.

"But we are dating." River said quickly. "You can trust me. We are mates."

"That has nothing to do with it!" I yelled as I threw my hands up in the air. "Even if we are dating, I'm not gonna come right out and spill my life story to you! That takes time River. And you shouldn't have done what you did!"

"I know." River sighed as he dropped on the couch and put his head in his hands.

"Then why the hell did you do it?" I asked getting angry all over again. "And to send Hank to watch over me? I'm not two!"

"That was for your protection." River said as he narrowed his eyes at me.

"Protection?" I laughed humorlessly. "You have got to be kidding me."

"I would never kid about your protection." River growled as he stood up.

"Don't fucking growl at me." I said as I narrowed my eyes. "I don't give a shit if you are an alpha. You do not growl at me."