Side effects

(I just got this from a website i hope it helps)

Mermaids upon doing spells, may experience some side affects. Don't worry~it
just means it's working!

Side Effects

- Spontanious Shifting. Yes, we all know I go through this one a lot regarding my topic "I can't eat human food!" Basically it's when randomly, your mermaid side takes over, and your legs start to bond together. It's not because you got wet, and there is nothing you can do about it. You might not shift all the way, but you just have to wait for it to pass. But don't worry, it means it's working!

-Coughing up Sea Water. This one was on Moonstrucked Goddesses back in 2008.

-Skin Peeling. This is the most common side affect. Everyone has it. Your skin starts to peel, kind of like after you've had sunburn.

-Cramps. Especially by your hips. This one is easiy to confuse with your period. The only difference is that it's by the hip bone, not by your belly button, it goes along the hip bone and continues down your leg.

-Legs Crossing. This is the least reliable side affect. Because everyone crosses their legs. It's a given fact. But when they say crossing your legs, they don't mean just crossing them, they mean legs fully wrapped around eachother 3 times as if there were no bones there.

-Singing Alot. Like ALOT everywhere!

-Mermaid Visions. This one is general. It means you just have your mindset on you as a mermaid. You dream about it. You think about it. You see flashes of your tail in your head. You see yourself as a mermaid in your dreams.

-Mermaid Diet Only Tolerance. YES, this one also regards my topic "I can't eat human food!" because it's true. Mermaids have a strict diet depending on where they live, or what type of mermaid they are.

-Fish Breath. This is a very less known side affect, but unfortunatly, your breath will smell like fish. Pack on the gum, ladies.

-Itchy Patches. Your skin will dry from the air, and lack of moisture. You will notice on your legs, arms (if you have arm fins), and where your going to get your gills, there will be flaky skin patches that itch insanely, closely resembling eczema. ( You might want to google that. )

-Chugging bottles of water like a man in a desert. Of course being a mermaid you will get thirsty. Me, being petite ( 89 lbs, and 5"3 ) am never able to chug more than half of a bottle of water, but now I can chug it like it's a contest.

-Feeling Awkward Around Humans School will become more crappy than usual. Your friends will become strangers. Humans will just all around annoy you. Everything they do will piss you off. They will become alien to you. Their ways, even if you grew up with them, will become different to you.

- Legs Spazzing. They'll twitch. They'll try to morph together. They'll start flailing around, and sometimes you wont be able to walk.

-Temporary Blindness. SCARY. This one has been reported by a mermaid friend of mine, who noted that everything would look underwater for a second, then boom, black. But in a few minutes it would return to normal.

-Legs feeling stretched. They'll start to burn, and feel like they are being stretched. Don't worry. It's just your fin kicking in. Your legs are much shorter than the overall tail, so when you become a mermaid, your legs will stretch into your fin.

Gills: Gills may appear on your
breasts, neck, wrists, hips, or even shoulders.

-Skin/Hair changing color. Depending on your mermaid form, your skin and hair will start to change color

That's it!

Phew..

There are more side effects but these are the most common ones!

Good luck 🐟