Chapter six: Aunt Wu

* "Aang... what are you looking at?" Katara asked as Aang observed what seemed to be a necklace. "n-nothing... this necklace, it just looks exactly like the one I gave to a friend..." Aang responded, wondering if this truly was the necklace, and if it was, how it got here. Aang grazed his fingers over the design, before flipping it over and checking if his suspicions were true. Aang's eyes widened, his mouth now agape. Engraved on the back was 'A+K'. *

Well, what do you know. The guide got me across the canyon safely within 22 hours. Can't say it was a relaxing journey, but I've made it now and I'm certain I am well deserving of a long rest.

Its just a matter of finding where to go.

I came across a forest, it had many trees and bushes and I concluded that this would be a good place to sleep, I'd be camouflaged.

Well anyway it would have been a good place to sleep, that was until I was chased out by a platypus-bear.

I used a tough breeze to push it away and swung my staff to push bushes onto the path, then I was using my bending to sprint away before I was the bears dinner.

I had stopped running now, instead I was now lightly panting and walking at a leisurely pace.

Thank God I'm getting my fitness levels back up, being in that room for one hundred years really did a number on me.

Also, I am desperately in need of a rest now this is ridiculous.

Before I could mentally complain again, I saw a village ahead.

"Oh, thank you lord," I said as my pace began to pick up. I then made it to the village, I wandered through the streets trying to find somewhere that seemed like it was open for people to stay, but then I came across a building that looked particularly fancy. I glanced over and analysed the building; the door was very pretty. "Aunt Wu is expecting you,," "AH!" I yelped as I turned to the left to see a man now stood by the door, gesturing me in.

Sorry but how did he get there? I swear two seconds ago he was not there.

"Aunt who?" I asked, now slightly intrigued. "Aunt Wu, she is the town fortune teller and she's been waiting for you..." he trailed off, then gesturing to the door again. I shrugged and though I may as well, I mean I have nothing else to do at the moment, plus she might have a room for me to crash in!

"Okay!" I chirped, allowing him to open the door for me.

"Hi, my name is meng!"

"Oh my- can people stop creeping up on me," I said as I put my hand to my chest, feeling my heartbeat race slightly faster. I swear, is this some kind of thing going on? Scare Ky?

"ha-ha! Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you! Just to welcome you into Aunt Wu's!" Meng said, "it's all good, I think I probably need to practice my observational skills if I keep getting easily spooked like this," I joked, only to look at meng and see she was not amused. Right okay never mind then.

"I'm aunt Wu's assistant," she continued, as if I had never even said anything.
"Can I get you some tea? or some of Aunt Wu's special bean curd puffs?" meng asked, "I'd love some" I exclaimed, extremely excited at the prospect of food and drink. I hadn't eaten since before that god damn canyon and oh man am I starving.

Soon Meng came back and when she did I saw she had tea and bean curd puffs! Meng I love you.

"Enjoy your snacks!" Meng exclaimed, "Aunt Wu will be with you shortly!" she added before walking off.

Without even giving it a second thought, I dove into the curd puffs. These are delicious. And lucky for me I had some soothing tea to wash them down with!

"Welcome, young traveller" I heard someone say, I looked up along whilst shoving the last curd puff into my mouth. "Are you looking for a fortune?" she asked, "yeah sure!" I said, pieces of food flying out my mouth. I can't imagine this is leaving a good impression.

"This is the most reliable method of telling your fortune" Aunt Wu said as she led me into her room, "the bones never lie, go on, pick one" she said, "you want me to pick up a bone?" I asked, she just nodded in response, I did as she said and picked up a bone.

"What now?" I asked, she then gestured for me to sit down so I sat down in front of the fire, "now throw it in the fire" she said, I tossed in the bone into the fire, and it instantly caused a reaction. Cool.

"what's this got to do with fortune telling?" I asked, still not really sur with how this was going to tell my future. "The heat makes cracks in the bones, and I read the bone cracks to tell your destiny" She replied.

right.. okay..

I watched my bone as it started to crack. actually, crack would be an understatement, I'd say it was crumbling, shattering, breaking into tiny pieces.

"I've never seen this before" Aunt Wu gasped, awe tracing her face.

well, that's always a good sign.

the bone then shattered into tiny pieces and the fire grew and hit the ceiling. "Oh my!" Aunt Wu said, shock threaded her tone as she covered her mouth.

ashes then started to land around us.

"Your destiny- this is incredible! you will be involved in a great battle, an awesome conflict between the forces of good and evil, a battle whose outcome will determine the fate of the whole world!" Aunt Wu said as she used exaggerated hand gestures.

"Yeah, I already knew that" I said gesturing for her to continue, "how about something else?" I asked. "Well, uhm- after the battle, I don't see anything else.. it's as if your future" Aunt Wu then took a deep breath and looked nervously up to me.

"Ends"