Chapter seven: Clothes

It was now the next day; Aunt Wu had found someone in the village to let me stay the night after I told her of my travels. She's a truly kind lady, I can see why so many look up to her.

I'm still left really confused about my reading though- I don't really understand what she means by my future... ends.

I can't waste time thinking about it.

I thanked the lady who had lent me a room and took off to explore the village. No one here knew I was the avatar and in a way it made me cheerful, no expectations...

"Excuse me! Are you the avatar?!" a man suddenly gasped.

Oh, for goodness sake.

"Uhm, what gives you that impression?" I asked, not sure whether to confirm or deny. "Your clothes of course!" he said. Yeah that makes sense. "I've only ever known those from the air temples to dress like that! Well, according to my books anyway," he said, a smile still plastered on his face.

I should really get some new clothes.

"Well, yeah! I am the avatar!" I grinned, confirming his suspicion. "Oh fantastic! Can I get your autograph?" he asked, pushing a pen and pad toward me.

This is not where I thought this was going but okay I guess.

"Sure!" I chirped, taking both objects, I stared at the paper for a second, whats my signature?? I didn't know what to do so I just wrote 'Ky' and drew a smiley face next to it.

That'll do.

After that interesting encounter, I decided it was time to change my clothes. At some point I was going to need to enter Ba Sing Se and maybe even the fire nation, not like I wanted to, but I might have to, and I wanted to be able to blend in. So, I decided to find a local clothes store and by myself some earth kingdom clothes. I walked towards the plaza and noticed a few shops scattered around but then my eyes settled on a shop with mannequins dressed up in the windows.

"Bingo!"

I walked into the shop and was instantly greeted by a cheerful lady, "good morning! How may I help you today?" she asked, gleaming at me. "Hey! I just need some new clothes," I replied, having a look around the shop, a few things catching my eye.

"I'm on it."

Whilst the lady began picking up some clothes, a man walked in and strolled up to the other lady by the till.

"Excuse me, I'm looking for some red shoes! Aunt Wu said id meet my true love whilst wearing a pair!"

- - -

A while later, after trying on the majority of her stock, I found something perfect.

"Ah I love it!" I exclaimed, pleased with my new attire, "how much?" I asked, really hoping it wasn't expensive because I didn't want to have to take it off.

"Five gold pieces," she answered. Yay! I can afford that!

After paying the lady I was making my way to the door to exit when, "love, you should really think about getting a haircut, those split ends are incredibly sad to see! There's a hairdressers across the street!"

Right okay well that felt uncalled for and slightly personal.

I did what she said though... what?? She made me self-conscious.

To be honest, I was quite happy with my hair, it felt so much easier to manage now it was shorter. Also only cost me one gold piece!

I didn't have much else to do now as I wandered around the town

I didn't have much else to do now as I wandered around the town. "Everyone remember in three days Aunt Wu will predict the fate of the volcano!" a man yelled as he walked through the town. "12pm we gather in the plaza!" he continued to chant, walking past me.

Well, sounds like that will be fun, it's too bad I don't have the time to stick around for it.

I decided id stay for one more night, I needed to gain back enough energy to keep air bending, flying really takes it out of you.

- - -

Aunt Wu had asked the lady to let me stay again, luckily for me she had said yes, and I am now filled with a lot more energy.

Now that the next day had come, it was time for me to leave.

I stood in front of Aunt Wu, "thank you for your help with finding me accommodation," I said, bowing to show my respect, "anything to help the avatar," she smiled, I gasped, "you knew?" I asked, "why of course! I'm aunt Wu! I know all," she said, nudging me with her elbow, I laughed and just nodded, "Thanks again!" I chirped before twirling my staff and making sure my bag was over my shoulder.

Aunt Wu gave me one last smile, and with that, I took off.

- - -

A sign!

I lowered myself to the ground, approaching the sign I saw up ahead. Hopefully, this gives me a better idea of where I'm headed, I'm still pretty useless at reading maps.

I approached a wooden column in the centre of a pathway that had a map attached to one side, I studied the map only to see it was remarkably similar to my own. Damn it.

My eyes fell down to a poster advertising a festival in a few days, cool, the fire day festival!

Maybe I could attend if I'm here for a few days. Even though that is unlikely.

I wondered what was on the other side of the sign, maybe an advertisement for a festival today? That would be fun.

I walked around to the other side.

Then that's when I saw it... there was no mistaking it!

That was a wanted poster... of Aang!