VI

Daisy and Maxwell flew as far away from where they remembered where Mrs. Brookshire's home was and even flew across a body of water. They even wondered where in the world they were, since they never knew about the many countries of the world down in the lands below. Eventually they did find a place to steal that wasn't too congested like a city, where they would easily be caught, or a small rural town where everyone knows each other, with not many stores.

    Eventually, they ran across a department store that felt much different. There was a flag that didn't look very familiar to them, but was actually the flag of Canada.

    "Hey Daisy," Maxwell asked, "What's that flag over there?"

    "I don't know," Daisy answered, "All I see is that it has a leaf on it."

    "Wait, Look!" Maxwell pointed, "A store!" He looked directly at a massive store that was long closed and looked rather fancy. Daisy was excited and proceeded to fly up above, so the watchmen of the night wouldn't catch a glimpse on them and feel suspicious. The two landed on a roof right over the entrance and watched if the doors would open. In fact, another watchman of the night exited and right at the exact moment, flew in as quickly as they could. The watchman felt the breeze Daisy and Maxwell left off, but simply brushed it off as a draft.

    Finally, the two children made it in without anyone noticing. Although lights from the watchmen shone all around they didn't notice that they saw children flying around. But what they realized that this wasn't just a fancy department store, it was an entire mall!

    "Alright Daisy, let's make a plan." Maxwell whispered, "Let's find warm blankets for the beds and comfortable pillows."

    "And maybe," Daisy whispered back, "Maybe we can get some toys too!"

    "Later. First, let's get the important things."

    Daisy and Maxwell saw the current section they were in was the clothing department. Daisy knew it was a good idea to get spare clothes, but sadly didn't know her clothing size since she and Maxwell wore the same clothes ever since their parents perished and were sent to Mrs. Brookshire. She knew she couldn't get distracted from the clothes there and followed Maxwell's lead up the escalators that were not operating. "Look Daisy!" Maxwell exclaimed happily, "Bed stuff!"

    "I'll find one I would like."

    "I'd rather you stay with me. You know, I don't want you to get lost."

    Daisy hesitated but knew to her gut it was the best to stay with Maxwell. As Maxwell looked at the duvet covers, the pillows, and all of these throw blankets, Maxwell and Daisy picked out the stuff they wanted and put it in some big reusable bags they found that were for purchase. "Alright, Daisy." Maxwell said, "We'll go to the toy store as you promised, if they have one here."

    Daisy nodded and followed Maxwell while trying not to get caught by the watchmen. When it felt safe, they browsed through the stores like normal human beings that cannot fly. Most of these stores were clothing stores, but eventually found s rather large toy store in there. It was like a heaven of the many things Daisy and Maxwell wanted so much in their life.
Immediately, they flew through the aisles, grabbing as many toys they could keep in their stolen bags. Daisy even grabbed a large, floppy teddy bear and eventually when the two had their fill of toys, they flew out of the store, but hadn't realized that there were watchmen right in front of the doors.

    "Stop right there, thief!" The watchmen shouted as they pointed lights at the two children.
"Daisy, we're done for!" Maxwell shouted in fear.

    "Not yet, Maxwell!" Daisy replied bravely. She held onto Maxwell's hand and flew up to the second floor of the mall and scurried in the air to find an exit. The watchmen followed their every move and chased after them all around, almost like a fox hunt. "Daisy, I don't know how far we are from the Sky Tree."

    "Maybe if we see whales like Moloko, they'll guide us there."

    They kept flying all over the mall and eventually flew as fast as they could through the doors and into the sky again. The watchmen, however, were incredibly baffled from this sight they have just laid eyes upon.

    "Were those the missing children from yesterday?!" A watchmen said, "I heard something about missing children in the news that were captured by some beasts that flew in the sky!"

    "Nonsense, Wilfred. Mythical beasts are once, you see, myths, as implied in their name, mythical beasts." Another watchman grabbed a newspaper with the story on the front page. "Erik, it was on the front page!" he exclaimed, "The woman who had these children drew what these beasts looked like and described the event herself. According to her, it says that one of the beasts was a whale that can float, and a peregrine falcon wearing a bomber jacket from World War Two."

    "Hey, even the other papers are getting pictures from people around the area as well!" A watchmen from the group chasing after Daisy and Maxwell held up a newspaper with a rather blurry picture of Moloko and Falkner over the children's old home."

    "So, this wasn't a hallucination at all!"

    "I think we gotta get the Air Force for this. Not even a S.W.A.T team could handle this situation."