#AWholeNewWorld

Most things at Degrassi has changed. When the bus crashed on the way to the volleyball game, the students that weren't on the bus were devastated. As soon as they watched the news report, they tried calling their friends that were on the bus. Sadly, no one picked up their phone.

Months passed by and its a new school year. Most of the students were still recovering, and others moved on past it.

Miles sat on the front step of the school. His head was resting in his hands. His knees were shaking and his left foot was tapping the ground.

Frankie was walking by and noticed her older brother looking stressed. She sat next to him and tried to get his attention.

"Miles." Frankie said, but didn't get a reply. "Miles, what's wrong?"

"You know damn well what's wrong." Miles answered while he lifted his head. He had tears in his eyes.

"Miles, the crash was months ago. Besides, Tristan is better."

"I know, but I'm worried something might happen. I almost lost him in the crash, and I don't want any more worries."

"I know what you mean. Jonah was also on the bus and I was a nervous wreck. When I found out that he only had a minor leg injury, I was relieved. I know you're still upset about what happened, but it's over now. Tristan is better and will stay that way."

"Thanks, Frankie. How about we head to class before we're late."

The siblings got off the step and walked inside. Miles wiped the tears off his face and put a smile on.

Inside the school, Lola stood in front of three new students. Her newly dyed blue hair was placed in a bun. She handed each of the students a piece of paper.

"These are your schedules." Lola stated. "As appointed by Principal Simpson, I will show you three around the school. What are your names?"

"Dillon. Dillon Jones." Said the blond boy.

"Layla Moreno." The brunette girl stated.

"TK Yorke." Said the dark haired boy. "The three of us are in grade ten."

Lola smiled and began showing off the school. She was about to say something when she noticed Tiny and Shay on a bench. The pair were holding hands and smiling.

"Hey, Lola." Shay said smiling. "Like your hair."

"It looks good." Commented Tiny.

"Thanks." Lola replied, and then moved away as fast as she could.

"Why are you rushing off so fast?" TK asked. "Do you not like them?"

"No, they're my friends." Answered Lola.

"Then what's wrong?"

"The girl, Shay is my best friend. Tiny, the boy, is my ex. The thing is, I still miss Tiny." Lola stopped in place and the others stayed behind her.

Dillon stepped beside her and placed a hand on her shoulder. "Don't get caught up in the past. There's plenty of guys in this school for you to date."

"Thanks for the advice." She said. She then continued the tour, but all she could think about is Dillon.

In the music room, Maya practiced her latest song. Towards the end, Zig walked in and noticed that Maya was tearing up. Maya stopped singing and wiped the tears away.

"Beautiful song." Zig commented.

"Thanks." Said Maya. "I wrote it in honor of all the students who were on the bus."