Chapter Ten

CHAPTER 10

It was a rather long day at school.

Thankfully in most of my classes Chloe and Hanna were in my philosophy class and Hanna was also in my gym class. The only class that I went into alone was government. But that was fine. I sat at the back of the class and I took my notes. Beforehand I was the first in the classroom and the teacher gave me a smile. He was a short little man, but with a booming power of voice that still knew how to make jokes to make you laugh. So it wasn't that bad. It was a small class, as most of the government classes that I go to are. They usually don't bring in too much interest.

I also was able to find Chloe and Hanna at lunch so I sat with them and the others again. I stood their awkwardly for a moment after I was out of the cafeteria line with a hamburger and side salad with a water bottle on my tray. Thankfully they saw me and I was able to walk back over to them.

After class though I was pretty tired. New girl in gym class did not stop Mrs. Hamel from going on with a regular class. It was basketball term and thankfully I was good at basketball, so the drills that we practiced were not hard. I'm not much of a short distance runner though so when we had to do four laps of the gym before stretches, my muscles cramped up slightly, needing more before I got the endorphin of running. And with a last call of two more laps before the end of class, by the time I got to the change room my legs were a bit sore. And I was sweaty, one thing that I always hated about gym.

I got out of the shower as the bell rang so I changed quick and put my hair in a ponytail before going going to the mirror in the locker rooms and quickly doing my make-up. Thankfully after all of the times I put it on, eyeliner can go on pretty easily and quickly for me. I put the mascara on before I heard Hanna laugh from behind me. I turned around and gave her a smile, "what?"

She shrugged, still in a towel before she went to fully change. I gave her a smile and told her, "I can be quick. What about you. At least I'm dressed."

Hanna shrugged and told me as she was putting on a bra, "I walk home so I can leave really whenever."

I nodded and moved to put more mascara on. I told her, "I think my..."

Jeeze, what do I call Tara? My mom? My guardian?

"My mom is outside probably by now. So I think that I have to hurry." I answered her.

Okay, so Tara wasn't my mom, but it was a word that wouldn't raise eyebrows and make people ask questions. And technically, she was my step mom at least.

Hanna nodded before she put on her shirt, "you better hurry then." She gave me a wink.

"Shut up." I groaned and laughed a bit as I looked at her through the mirror, "I'll tell her that for picking me up it's okay to be a bit late since I have gym class."

Although I was sure that this wouldn't be happening all of the time after gym class. I was sure that if I didn't have to meet with some lawyer that I wouldn't be putting on make-up. I wanted to appear nice. Going home no one would see me without my mascara and I wouldn't mind.

I finished my right eye before I put my mascara and eyeliner in my gym pack. I put the bag over my shoulder before I told Hanna, "I'll see you tomorrow!"

She nodded and gave me a wave, "bright and early!"

I gave her a smile and left the gym, frowning after. I don't know how early we would meet each other if I'm switching to biology.

I quickly went to my locker and opened it before putting my binders I needed for homework in my pack before stuffing my bag of gym clothes in to. I put the shoes at the top of my locker before shutting the door. I slung the backpack over my shoulder and I moved through the hallway, not going as fast as before. Maybe it was unconscious, but I noticed it as I was slowly going going down the stairs. I didn't want to go to the lawyer's office. I didn't want to tell Jax and Tara of certain things of my past. Even the smaller things I didn't want them to know. It was embarrassing and for some of it I felt embarrassed and I didn't want them to look at me any differently.