Can't Talk.

No part of this story may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording, or otherwise, without written permission by Shelbsters15.

Copyright @ 2013 By Shelbsters15. All rights reserved.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Okay, if you're reading this, THANK YOU!! Really, thank you, because right now I am so slow on updating.

And because I am so slow on updating, this chapter is extra long. I hope you enjoy. :)

Thanks.

-Shelby. :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Chapter Five~

On a normal day of school back at home, my alarm clock would go off, I would get up, eat breakfast, and then run upstairs, and pick up the hottest outfit that I could that day.

Now, when I say 'Hot', I mean hot. I was never one of those little freaks who dressed up to get people attention... I just dressed up because I liked to.

My clothes were never too hot though. You know... With the boobs, and unnecessary parts hanging out.

No.

But, I looked my best, boys would stare, girls would be jealous, and I would love it.

That was the best part of being Lyric Martin.

But, staring at my closet this morning.... None of the clothes look appetizing enough to wear... None at all.

I've seen some of the girls that live here, just from the six days that I've been here, and I can already tell that I'm going to have a hard time trying to get to the top of the social ladder.

I sigh, and rock on the back of the heels.

Maybe I shouldn't try to be popular in this school... Maybe I should just stay invisible.

I eye the blue and white striped shirt that I bought from Hot Topic a few months ago, about a week before my troubles began, and I look at a pair of jean shorts.

Why not?

I throw them both on, and then I french braid my hair down my back.

"Lyric, are you up?"

I grimace when I hear Uncle Frank's voice.

After what happened yesterday morning, they left me alone for the rest of the day. There wasn't one word about going to church, wasn't one word about coming out of the bedroom, and there wasn't one word about having to eat, which is a good thing, because I was not hungry after what happened.

I quickly tie my pony tail at the end of my braid, and throw my door open.

Uncle Frank smiles shyly. "Okay, I just don't want you to be late."

I roll my eyes and slam the door in his face.

I'm not a child.

Staring at myself in the mirror though, I wish I could go back to being a child. I grew up way too fast.

I sigh, and shake my head. No matter how much I wish, it's never going to change anything.

After I slip on my blue flip flops, and grab my yellow bag, I leave the room, and head to the kitchen.

"Good morning there, Lyric." Aunt Maddie says cheerfully, when she sees me walk in. "Would you like a pancake?"

Ew, no. I hate pancakes. But, before I am even able to shake my head, she slides one down onto a plate, and holds the plate out for me.