Deal With The Devil

No part of this story may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording, or otherwise, without written permission by Shelbsters15.

Copyright @ 2013 By Shelbsters15. All rights reserved.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Chapter Sixteen.~

"-Not going tonight."

My mouth drops open.

I can't go?! All because I got a warning for being late?! I didn't even get a detention!

I move over to the dining room table, and grab my notebook that I always use when I have something important to say.

'I have to go tonight. It wasn't even my fault that I was late.'

I watch them read what I wrote, and Aunt Maddie looks at me with her eyebrows raised. "Why wasn't it your fault?"

'A girl stopped me in the hallway, and wouldn't stop talking to me.'

Aunt Maddie rolls her eyes at this, while Uncle Frank looks mildly interested. "Lyric," She starts. "I don't have time for excuses.. Not right now. I'm sorry, but so this won't happen again, you cannot go tonight."

My blood starts boiling, and I throw down the notebook.

This is not fair! I bet if this were Vanessa, they'd let her go!

"Lyric," Uncle Frank starts softly, but Aunt Maddie interrupts him.

"Don't throw a fit. It's time you start acting your age."

Acting my age?

Uncle Frank sighs, and steps in between the two of us. "Lyric, just go to your room for now. I need to have a talk with your Aunt."

"What?" Aunt Maddie says surprised. "What for?"

Uncle frank just gives her a look for two seconds and something passes between them. Then he looks back at me. "If you at all want to go tonight, I suggest you leave the room."

I look back and forth between the two of them, and slowly nod my head.

They're both quiet until in back in my room, and then I can barely hear they're low voices through the walls talking. I can clearly hear Aunt Maddies upset voice speaking, but I can't understand what she's saying.

I sigh deeply and slide down the wall of my room and sit down with my arms crossed. I don't even understand why I want to go in the first place. It's not like I'm actually going to have fun tonight or something. I'm not going to make friends.

Someone knocks on the door, so I stand up and open the door to see Uncle Frank standing there.

"Can I come in?"

I stare at him for a few seconds. He looks very upset and hurt.
I've seen this look before on my dads face.

I nod my head yes, and back up to let him in.

"You can go tonight.... On one condition.... You start acting mature, and doing what we tell you to do. Like going to church. That's the way it should work... We do something for you, and you do something for us."

His eyes are tearing up and I can tell that it was hard for him to do this, and stand up to his wife.

I look down towards the ground and shrug.

I feel him pat my shoulder. "Thank you, Lyric. I want you to like it here, but you're making it so difficult."

I look up at his smiling face.

Why does it feel like I made a deal with the devil?