Whip or Nae Nae?

KIDS! Commonly what worries men & women is about how to raise kids.

"Would they be able to send their kids to school?"

"Would they be able to send their kids for tuition?"

"Would they be able to provide their kids what their parents provided them such as Taekwondo lessons, ballet lessons, music lessons? etc~".

On top of that, raising method is also one of the main concern for both men and women. Some would opt for reasoning method while some would opt for punishment method etc~.

Do you cane them when they lie? Do you reason with them? How are you supposed to raise children? How do you teach them to talk? How do you teach them to read? At what age should you start sending them to pre-school? When do you stop feeding them? When do you start teaching them on how to eat on their own? At what age can they be left bathing on their own? At what age do you train them to sleep on their own? What do you do when they complaint they cannot poop? What do you do when they wet their beds over and over again? - All these thoughts are very common in future parents' mind.  

As much as we do remember getting caned, being beaten up whenever we did something wrong, we remember being introduced to encyclopedias, books, nursery rhymes and we remember our first bicycle ride and as much as we did asked our parents on what did they actually did to us back then, even with all the information and numerous baby photos as well as video tape recording, we just do not have the confidence in raising children.

It's normal. Don't be silly. Nobody asked you to raise you children blindly. Seek help from your doctors. Get their advises. Speak up to your parents and in-laws on their methods. If you find thier ways, absurd, try to take different approach. It's ok.

I've been told that raising children is a learning experience for the parents as well. Grow with your children. Join their adventure. Re-live your childhood memories. Most importantly, try to understand them. 

Rule number one in parenting (according to most parents), "If they don't hate you, you're NOT doing a good job!". It sounded cruel but at certain point of time in our angst teenage life, we did hated our parents anyways for not allowing us to do things we wanted to and when we looked back on those days, aren't we glad that we didn't?