Monster-in-Laws

IN-LAWS! Yes, although it is common for some women to be very concern regarding this issue, some men too are worried that their in-laws do not accept them.

In local tv dramas, mother-in-laws and sister-in-laws are often portrayed as mean and cold. It is always the case whereby the daughter-in-law was not favourable because the mother-in-law already have somebody else in her mind as her daughter-in-law but the only reason she pretended to accept her daughter-in-law was because her son was madly in love. *sigh*

Some men too have the in-law fears. They fear that the in-laws do not respect them as he might be earning less than his wife or he could be earning less compared to other son-in-laws. Especially when involving two different family background.

Yes, the status. Some men can accept the fact that their wives earn more than them but they can never accept being ridiculed by the in-laws saying how he is unable to provide a living for his family. In Malay, we call this situation, "makan hasil isteri".

As a person, we have feelings and emotional bruises are the worst. We fear the worst because deep down inside, we know that nobody else in this world who could honestly truly accept us just they way we are except for our parents.

This is why people are not ready for marriage because marriage is not just between a bride and groom. When you get married, you married his/her family as well. As much as you wish that everybody could gel well with each other happily like a family, there are fear that things might not work out as smoothly as you wish. Just thinking about it could make some people shudder. *cold sweat dripping*

Hence why communication is vital. Always, always, ALWAYS remember that at the end of the day, you were married because you know that you completes one another. It doesn't matter who's earning more as long as both knows and understands their duty and responsibilities as husband and wife.

Respect one another. If you earn more than your husband, do not disrespect him at home. He may be earning less but he is still the leader of the family. He is the father to your children.

If your wife is earning less, don't disrespect her as if she's not helping you at all. Don't overlook that she's helping you to sustain the harmony of the your family. She cooks and clean for the family.