Arranged Marriage to a Stranger (6)

Ok, I just want to give a quick shout out to Jycrocker26, since she so nicely asked me to keep going with my story. So I hope you guys all like it, and if anything sucks or is boring about it tell me, I wanna know so I can write better :)

Chapter 6

It had been five months since the "lets auction Carmella off like a piece of meat" party and a lot had changed. My mother, who I had expected to find hovering above me with a sharpened butter knife while I slept, actually decided to keep her distance instead. Unusual, I know, but apparently she really wanted this whole arranged marriage thing, especially with Ezra, and the fact that I ruined it didn't go over so well with her. Now I figured this would be something she would get over after a while, but even after all this time she still moped around the house acting all depressed and self absorbed. You would think she was the one being forced into this marriage.

To add to that, my brother Illias decided to abandon us by moving out of the house and into an apartment with his girlfriend which, by the way, none of us knew he had. It wouldn't have been so bad except after he moved out my sister and the trash man decided to move back in so we could "help" them with the new baby, or babysit so they could go out. At this point, I'm pretty sure I would take the arranged marriage over this set up.

Oh crap, I spoke too soon.

"Carmella! Carmella!" god, why was my mother screaming? "Carmella!" Yeah, sure, bang my door open without knocking first, its not like I could be naked in my room changing clothes or anythings. My mother bounded into my room at full force, her face flushed and her eyes wide with excitement.

"Oh Carmella, there you are." She finally said, half panting from running up the steps to my room. "I need you to cancel any plans you have for the 25th, no excuses, we're going to a special dinner and there is no way your getting out of it!"

I was going to protest, I mean, I didn't have any plans for the 25th but I just felt that as her daughter that's what I was supposed to do, but she looked too excited and was using large hand gestures and everything, I couldn't disappoint her, not again. So instead I swallowed the slight bile that rose in my throat at the thought of what I am about to do and said, "Ok."

"Ok? Your not going to put up a fight or anything about it?"

"Nope. You asked me to go so I'm going."

"Oh, well ok then. Um, I guess I'll leave you to get back to whatever you were doing before." With that, she sent some weird hand gesture for dismissal my way before prancing out the door. Jeez, did everyone really think I was so much of a brat that I would fight them on everything? Yea, I guess they would think that since so far I kinda have been. Ugh, I hate guilt.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We were on our way to I don't know where, I didn't ask because, truthfully, I didn't really care. I felt kind of bad for disappointing my parents with the whole arranged marriage thing so I decided that tonight would be for them, whatever they wanted tonight they would get, I owed them that.

After a half hour drive, we pulled up to a huge ass mansion. I mean, it looked like they had to take down a small rainforest to build the place, jeez, not very eco-friendly. "Is this where we're having dinner?" I asked, completely confused. I've been to all of my parent's friend's homes, and I didn't recognize this one. Maybe someone moved?

"Yes, this is it. This home belongs to Mr. and Mrs. Biton, you've met them before, don't you remember?" My mother asked, wariness in her eyes. I thought about it for a few seconds, then got bored and gave up. It didn't matter anyway, because like I said, tonight was for my parents, and if they wanted to torture me by making me sit through some boring dinner while they reminisce with their friends, I would sacrifice my braincells and sit through it.