Whats Love Got to do With it? (2)

Ok, I want to give a special shout out to rcstern who is an amazing fan and makes me wanna work extra hard on my stories. Thanks for everything, this chapter is dedicated to you.

Important not at the end of the chapter.

Chapter 2

"He's staring at you again." Ryan teased. I just kept my head down, shoving carrots into my mouth. Since I had read the email Ezra sent me, I had felt even more uncomfortable in his presence. I felt so uncomfortable, that I avoided going to family get-togethers, entering and leaving school on time, and driving down the main road of my town which lead past both Rafaela's or Ezra's houses. Yes, I realize that all sounds crazy, but you know what, heartbreak and humiliation and plain old rage can drive a girl to such lengths. I was beginning to think that home and school were the only two places I could find a reprieve from the two "lovebirds", seeing as Ezra already graduated from high school, so I didn't have to worry about him enrolling here to stalk me or anything. Of course, leave it to him to find a way around it.

"Oh my god, Carmella, he's coming over here!" Ryan shrieked excitedly. My head quickly shot up and my eyes almost bulged out of my head at the sight of Ezra walking across the cafeteria. Since Rafaela was now in her sixth month of pregnancy Ezra had gotten permission to come to school during her lunch and free periods to check up on her. Apparently she was having a high risk pregnancy due to her young age or some shit like that, whatever, people have been having babies for centuries, whats the big deal about hers?!? Ok, that was a little insensitive.

"Hello Carmella". Crap. I had forgotten about tall, dark, and bastard. I turned my head up to face Ezra and as soon as I did my eyes went even wider, he was even more beautiful than I remembered. Really not fair. About thirty seconds went by while I just sat there staring at him, bug eyed like a loris (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLdQ3UhLoD4) before Ryan nudged me in the rib to say something.

"Hi" I squeaked out. Real smooth Carmella. Ezra smiled simply.

"Can I talk to you for a second.... in private?" He asked.

No. No. No, no, no, no.... "Of course you can" Ryan spoke up, before shoving me out of my seat. I would have fallen ass first on the floor if Ezra hadn't caught me. Bastard- both of them. I quickly pulled myself together and out of Ezra's arms, his smile faltered a little but was soon plastered across his face again.

I followed Ezra out into the hallway, which was mostly empty since everyone was either in class or in the cafeteria, but he didn't stop when I expected him to. He kept walking until we came to the science corridor filled with all the lab rooms, I silently questioned how he knew his way around so well. The hallway was completely empty, and the quiet made me nervous. I had been lost in my thoughts when all of a sudden Ezra stopped and turned on his heal, forcing me to accidentally walk into his chest and bump my nose. I glared up at him while rubbing my now sore nose and noticed he was trying hard, but failing miserably, not to smirk. That idiot, he should really know that this is not the century for him to be laughing at me.

"You ok?" Ezra asked, though something in his expression told me that he wasn't just asking about my injury. He reached up with his hand and lightly stroked my cheek, his thumb gently grazing the tip of my nose. I shuddered at the contact, it had been so long since I had felt his touch.

"Just peachy!" I replied sourly after taking a step back. This was not the conversation I wanted to have right now, or ever for that matter, and his nearness was making me extremely uneasy.

"I'm sorry". Ezra said, his eyes burning. Ohh, don't give me the puppy dog eyes, come on, don't be weak Carmella!!

"I know you are, really I do." I replied, sincerely for once. Maybe when he cheated on me he didn't care, but I know that he really does feel bad about it now, thats obvious at least.