Chapter 2

Ayla

I stared at the man standing in front of me, my body shaking with indescribable fear. When he pulled me from under the bed, I didn't notice his face. I was too scared to look at him.

But when the man ordered me to look up, I was surprised. He took my breath away. For a minute, I stopped thinking that he was about to shoot me. I stopped thinking that I was supposed to run away. All I could do, was stared into his bluish-steel eyes that looked like the midwinter sky.

When he took a step towards me, my heart stuttered. His steps were powerful and hard. His body moved confidently and fluidly towards me. I tried to take a step back but he stopped me with his gun.

His presence was one of a leader. A dangerous leader. With his cold blue eyes, the air around him felt frigid.

As he came to a stop in front of me, our chest almost touching, my body started to tremble. Both in fear and in anticipation. I should be screaming and running, but something about him caused me to stay immobile.

At his first touch, it felt like I had been touched with electricity. My body hummed in response and I no longer felt cold. His warm hand caressed my cheek and I wanted to rub against his palm like a kitten craving for attention.

I looked up at him and realized how big he was. Comparing to my 5 foot 3 inches, he was gigantic. My head only came to the middle of his wide and muscled chest. I felt fragile and small next to him. But for some unknown reason, my body was warming up in his presence. Even though fear was still coursing through my body, I didn't mind him being near me.

I hated when Alberto was near me. My skin were always crawling in disgust and fear but with his strange man, I only felt comfort. I felt oddly...safe.

**

I jumped in surprise when he took a sudden step back. His face turned hard and then angry. His whole body tightened and he pointed the gun back at me. I felt my eyes widened and my heart started to beat faster.

Was he going to shoot me? Was it all a play? Did he act like he was softening up to me, just to get me to calm down, so then he could shoot me?

Fear coursed through my body again but this time in full force. I cried out dread and felt silent tears falling down my dirty and bruised cheeks.

His eyes were trained on my tears. His gaze followed the drops and when they reached my chin, I saw him smile. His mouth quirked up to the side, but it looked dangerously malicious.

Oh God. This man really was going to kill me.

"Who the f*ck are you and why are you here?" he growled deeply, his voice low but tone dangerous and angry. I knew that tone.

Alberto would always use it when was about to kill someone. He would use on me too. When he would take me against my will.... Every single night.

I shivered in terror, my distress evident on my face and the way I was trembling. I felt my pulse beating in my ears, blocking out all other sound except the breath that was raggedly moving in and out of my mouth at regular, gasping intervals.

As the colour drained from my face, I felt myself growing colder. His hard eyes were penetrating mine and I had to lock my knees together to stop myself from taking a step backwards. I knew he would shoot me, without a second thought, if I moved.

He took several steps backwards, the gun still pointed at me as he waited for my answer. When he reached the couch, he sat down, crossing his right foot at his left knee. The gun was still pointed at my chest.