Chapter 3

Emma's Pov

After JJ told Vik he was coming I went inside of the cafè to grab a coffee. After I get my coffee I sit at a booth by window. I listen to the muffled conversations of everyone around me and the rain on the window. I stare at my coffee cup and think of all my memories with JJ and the sidemen, like they're in a slideshow or like I'm watching a movie. I snap back into reality when I see JJ's Lamborghini pull into the parking lot. I leave my coffee cup on the table and walk slowly over to the door. I consider turning around and running to the ladies room but once I step outside into the rain I seem to be stuck in place. I look up and see JJ standing on the sidewalk 10 metres-ish away. We stare at each other for what seems like forever before I snap. I sprint towards him as fast as I can and throw my arms around his neck. He seems shocked but quickly wraps his arms around me and hold me.
"I'm so sorry, I-" He starts but I cut him off.
"I know." I respond, almost crying, "I know."
"Can we just Start Again?" He asks. I nod into his shoulder, tears streaming from my eyes. He hugs me tighter and I think to myself about how weird it is that you can miss something or someone so much.
After staying like that for a while JJ lets go before saying "We should go inside. We're both already soaked and I don't want either of us to get sick." I agree and we walk inside to a table.
"Is my makeup running?" I ask. He turns to look at me. We stare at each other for a bit before he replies.
"Uh, no. Sorry for staring." He apologizes quickly.
"Don't be." I say as we take a seat.
"I can't stop looking at you." He states.
"Why?" I ask, wiping under my eyes and around my mouth for anything he could be staring at.
"Because I haven't really looked at you since October. It's just hard to stop." JJ says.
"Oh, well its okay." I say awkwardly.
"I miss you, Em." He responds casually, never looking away from me.
"I missed you too. Vik told me about everything and I feel like a complete idiot for ignoring you and all the guys. I'm so sorry." I say.
"You have nothing to be sorry about. I wad the one who dumped you. I'm the one who should be apologizing. I'm the stupid one here and I make mistakes but I want to be with you and I wish everything could go back to the way they used to be. I know I'm not the best in school or I'm not the hottest guy ever and I say stupid shit all the time and I spend too much money but at least when I had you I had something good about me, and that was you. You brought out the good in all of my stupid, ignorant, oblivious bad. You're so amazing and I can't see any reason a girl like you should take me back a guy like me but if you do I can promise I'll do anything to make you happy." JJ rambles.
"JJ. You're so much more than your flaws, most of those bad things you just said about yourself aren't even true. You might say stupid shit but I don't care. I love all your bad jokes and I don't care if you aren't the best in school, your grades don't define you. Being good in school is more about the effort you put into it than how smart you are anyways. JJ I want to be with you so much." I respond. A smile grows on his face.
"Do you want to go out for supper? We can start again. It'll be a real date." He asks.
"I'd absolutely love to." I respond.

When we get seated at our table in a random restaurant I get nervous. I don't know why.
"How's youtube?" I ask.
"I don't know. I haven't been posting a lot of videos lately, I've been kinda under the weather." He says, " How's your brother?"
"He's good. He was pissed at me when I told him I wasn't with you anymore, but he was more pissed when he found out why. Watch out for him by the way, he might try to yell at you 'for hurting his sister'" I tell him, "but just flick him on the forehead and tell him to go away." I continue, causing us both to laugh. It feels so comfortable laughing with him.
"Isn't your brother the same height as Simon?" JJ asks.
"Yeah, around there." I reply.
"Oh shit. Okay I will actually watch out for him. I don't understand how he's so talk and you're so small." JJ says.
"He got my dad's genes or something I guess." I say.
"You don't talk about your dad." He states.
"No, I don't really. He lives in New York City. He got offered a job there when I was 12 and so he moved there. We were all going to move there but then he met some hot young model girl and divorced my mom. After a few months they broke up, but my dad never moved back because he got addicted working. He's pretty rich and he is CEO of a huge business so I go there sometimes. He's fun to be around, really funny, but it's hard to be around him without thinking about how easily he dumped my mom, caleb and I how some young model bitch." I tell him.
"Oh. Wow I'm a dick." JJ says.
"What?" I say, choking on my water.
"I dumped you for Seana so quickly like your dad did to your mom." He explains.
"Don't be ridiculous. It's not like we were married and had kids. And you and Seana had history. I wouldn't be surprised if my dads ex-girlfriend was some stripper acting like she liked him so get off the streets." I say.
"It's still unacceptable. I'm so sorry." JJ apologizes again.
"JJ I understand. Seana is tall and has long gorgeous legs and has this long beautiful hair and these perfect white teeth and-"
"And even though she has all of that, I would choose you over her any day." He cuts me off.
"I'm glad to hear that." I respond, "Also where's the waiter because I'm hungry" I say, looking around. JJ laughs and we start talking about school, and the sidemen, and his upcoming trips and anything else you can imagine.

JJ drives me home after our date. I don't think I've stopped smiling for about two hours. When we pull into my drive way I invite him inside.
"I'm not sure. I don't want to get beat up." He laughs.
"Don't worry I'll protect you." I say and get out of his car. After he gets out I take his hand and quickly walk to the door before unlocking it.
"Is your mom home?" He asks.
"She works nights. CALEB I'M HOME" I yell up the stairs. Caleb runs down the stairs before freezing at the bottom.
"Hello JJ." Caleb says.
"Hi Caleb." JJ says.
"I would introduce you two but you obviously already know each other. Caleb have you eaten or do you want me to make you something." I ask.
"I haven't eaten. Can you make me pancakes?" He asks.
"Pancakes? Are you serious? What about a nice old plate of spaghetti?" I say.
"Uh, no thanks. Can you make me an omelette?" He asks.
"What's with you and breakfast foods," I mutter, "But yes, I'll make you an omelette." I say before walking into the kitchen which is right beside the entrance and its open concept so its only the breakfast bar separating me from them.
"Thanks Em. Now to deal with you" Caleb says to JJ.
"Cut it out Caleb. I won't hesitate to throw scorching hot eggs at you and the frying pan too." I warn him, JJ laughs. Caleb just mumbles something and sits down.
"So JJ, you're back together with my sister. You're going to treat her right this time?" Caleb asks. I groan.
"Yes." JJ says.
"Thats yes sir." Caleb says.
"Fuck off Caleb," I laugh, "I can still throw this egg at you."
"Try it." He says. I take the egg and run after him. I chase him around the house before he surrenders, "I take it back!"
"Good call." I say walking back to the kitchen.
"I've gotta go, Em," JJ says, "Do you want me to pick you up for school tomorrow?"
"Uh, sure. Make sure it's just me and you though." I say. He agrees before hurrying out of the door.
"So you're legitimately back together I guess." Caleb says.
"I guess so."