Prologue

❤️

I just want to remind you that I've written this book back in Feb 2011 when I was new in the world of writing. The time when I didn't care much about the structure of writing a story. Despite the inconsistencies, typos, grammatical errors, the lack of description, etc. This novel had managed to build a readership over the years and I'm forever grateful for all of my readers. Without you, I wouldn't be where I am today. This novel is currently being rewritten, meaning a LOT of things will change. So read on this cringey af novel and let me know what you think. Also, I know a lot of people kept commenting that this is similar to The Bad Boy and the Tomboy, that story came out when mine was nearly done in early 2012. Some even pointed out that I copied it. I already spoke to the author before since she added my story to her list. Her story became more popular and she's now officially a published author, so people think it's ok to attack me for being a copycat. Other than the similarities like Evan being British and Clarey being a tomboy, there's nothing else similar with our stories. It's a cliche story and ideas can overlap.

XOXO
Katie
~♥~

Please be nice to your fellow readers

Please be nice to your fellow readers. I'm watching you.

❤️

❤️

PROLOGUE

     The first time Clarey met Evan, a football flew over her head. That was over a year ago. Most of the kids in the neighborhood were mainly boys. The girls were either in high school or were still running around in their diapers. Burying her nose in fictional mystery books was her only pastime. Her two best friends don't live nearby and they weren't allowed to go to her house except when there were sleepovers and that was only a once-a-month thing. She really didn't have any other options at that point, so hanging out with the boys was the only way to meet more friends.

     "Can I play with you guys?" She asked as she retrieved the ball that hit the wall behind her. She tossed it back to Lance Milliken, the spiky blonde-haired boy that lived down the street from her. His cheeks were plump and red from the sun.