7 - My C Cups

Clarey

"I'm ready, let's go!" My mom shouted from the kitchen. "How many times do I need to call you guys?" We all ran down the stairs as fast as we could. We were going shopping today along with my friends, Sofie and Trish, and oh, let's not forget my brother, Corey. He loathes shopping so I'm thankful mom wanted him to come. Torture him with boredom is the way to go.

"Where you guys headed to?" Asked my dad who was tossing the freshly sliced carrots into the juicer. Ever since he bought that thing, he's turned into a major health nut, which isn't a bad thing. It's better than drinking his favorite beer.

"To Plaza Bonita, honey," mom replied, grabbing her keys from the counter. "We won't be home for dinner so just heat up the leftovers we have in the fridge."

We all hopped into the gray Caravan. Three of us girls sat at the back while Corey sat in the front with mom as he always called shotgun whenever we're going on a trip. While driving to Plaza Bonita, Sofie had to open her big mouth. Again.

"So, you guys are going out tomorrow, huh?" She nudged my elbow with a grin. I quickly elbowed her back, but I accidentally hit her ribs instead.

"Ow!" She cried. "What was that for?"

"Who are you going out with, sweetie?" Mom glanced at me from the rearview mirror. My brother Corey turned to me with a smirk on his face.

"Woah, someone asked you out? Who's the unlucky guy?" He joked.

I made a face, crossing my arms against my chess. "Just some kid in school."

"Sweetie, I need to know. Or else, you're not going at all."

Damn it. I need to go or else my plan would just go down the drain. So, if I don't show up... Actually, that would be a good thing. You know, not show up at all?

"Who is it?" My mom asked one more time.

"His name is Evan!" Trish quickly spilled. My jaw dropped as I turned to her. I rolled my eyes.

"Evan? From next door? No way?" Corey said surprisingly, his eyes were practically round as saucers. It's like the biggest news he has heard all his life. I wanted to lie and say it was another Evan from another year level, but apparently, I had already specified it was just some kid in school and Corey helped out by filling out the rest of the information.

"Oh, wow," Mom cooed. "That sweet handsome boy next door? The one that just moved back from London? That's such great news, sweetie." She made a right turn to the parking lot of the mall.

We all got out. I made sure mom wasn't looking when I mouthed at Corey, you're dead, giving him the throat slitting gesture.

We went to XVIII on the second floor. I hate shopping for girly clothes since I'm just a jean and shirt kind of gal. I stood there alongside Corey while my mom, Trish, and Sofie went through the clearance racks. Next, we went to Veronica's Secret. Uh, you guessed it alright. New bras for me! Ugh. Can't this day get any better? Mom pressed a frilly pink and white polka dotted bra against my chest.

I blushed as I looked around the store. "Mom, please..."

You just never know who might be looking; I'm a bit paranoid as you can tell. My Mom walked away from us to find an associate somewhere. All four of us remained in our places. I spotted our neighbor, Kyler, with a dark-haired girl walking alongside him.

"Hey, is that Kyler's new girlfriend?" I asked Corey.

He shook his head. "No, that's their new foster sister. Her name's Deidre. She just moved in with them about a week ago."