Chapter 7

Jess was allowed to leave the hospital after a few more days. He sat in the passenger seat of the truck, already texting someone on his phone. Most likely Rory, she would text him more, especially since today was a bug day for him.

"You doing okay, Jess?" Luke asked, almost to the diner. Jess shrugged and put his phone away, a sigh escaping his lips.

"I'm doing just fine Uncle Luke." Jess mumbled, rubbing his hands through his how long and shaggy hair as he looked out the window.

"You need to eat a little when we get home and take your meds. Then you need rest." Luke informed, glancing over at Jess. He looked over at him and kept his arms in his lap.

Jess had lost weight from being in the coma. It was a normal thing to happen, but he'd need to eat a little more and work out a little more to build back up fat and muscle. His clothes were pretty baggy, his pants being held up only by a tight belt. About thirty pounds had been lost and it wasn't weight he could lose in the first place. He wasn't underweight before, normal, but still what some would consider scrawny.

"I will Luke." Jess agreed, already annoyed. He didn't like being babied, especially from Luke.

"Good. Now, we're home. Just get upstairs and get comfortable." Luke said. Jess got out the instant the car stopped, running through the diner and upstairs before anyone could talk to him.  

Luke came up later, bringing him a bowl of soup from the diner. "Thanks I guess.." Jess mumbled, taking a few bites. The soup was good. Warm, creamy.

"Get some rest." He said, ruffling Jess' hair a little. Jess gave him a glare, sighing and taking a sip of soup. Luke smiled, glad to have Jess finally home.