Chapter Thirty Three

I found my team travelling towards the tower with Kabuto. I hissed slightly. I do not trust Kabuto. He knows about Orochimaru. I jumped down from my tree to join them just as Sakura collapses on her knees. 

"For crying out loud," Sakura panted.

"Sakura-chan!" Naruto kneeled next to her.

"That tower isn't getting any closer, how far have we even walked?"  Sakura complains.

I decide to make my presence known. "It seems that you've been caught in a genjutsu," I sigh, "You've been walking in circles,"

"Yeah," Kabuto agrees. I glare at him as he points to a centipede, "Look familiar?" He asked.

"Aw, man, no way!" Naruto complains.

"What's their game?" Sasuke questioned slowly. 

"They're probably trying to wear us down," I muse.

"Then strike when we're physically and mentally exhausted," Kabuto finished. 

"You mean like we are right now?" Sasuke realized.

"Right," Kabuto and I said at the same time. I glared at him, and he shifted his gaze away. Clones begin to appear everywhere, and I take up a defensive stance. 

"Well Naruto, you wanted a fight," Sasuke smirked. I laughed slightly. 

"Five against fifty, just the way I like it!" Naruto exclaimed. 

"Hahahaha, like cornered rats," One of the clones laughed. I flinched slightly. I hated being called a rat. To many bad memories!

"Cornered rats, are we?" Naruto punches one of the clones. It's side collapses into goop, and Naruto is send flying forward from the force of his punch. A new head grows from the open spot on the clone, and in its hand is a kunai.

Sasuke saves Naruto from the strike, but calls th clones attention to him. A kunai is thrown at Sasuke. I deflect the kunai and push Sasuke away, leaving Kabuto, who had thrown himself at Sasuke, to hit the ground.

"I can save my own teammate," I hiss into Kabuto's ear. He looks at me, obviously shaken, then smirks slightly.

Interesting, He thinks. Naruto creates clones for all of us, and we hide away in the bushes. I sit down, not interested in watching the rest of the fight. Naruto was completely exhausted, but still managed one last punch on the ninjas.

I smile to myself. He really is strong. Woah... is this the same Naruto? When did he get this... good? Sasuke thought. "It's his tenacity, his determination to prove himself that gives him the strength," I murmur into Sasuke's ear. He stiffens.

Can she read minds?!? He thought. "You just looked shocked by his power, so I thought I'd explain a bit," I chuckle.

That's it. She can SO read minds. He thought, though he didn't truly believe it. He refocused onto the ninja. They recreate their clones. Sasuke suddenly stiffens,

There it is again! A stabbing pain in my neck when I use my Sharingan! Sasuke thought. I sidle closer to him. "Sasuke-kun, the pain is caused by that... bruise... on your neck. When using your chakra it'll pain you and try and take over. I can do something that'll stop the pain, but it will still try to take over. Your will must be stronger then the dark chakra," I murmur quickly.

He nods painfully. "But... gotta try... one last time!" He exclaims, activating his Sharingan.

"Sasuke, no!" I yell. He does so anyway, then collapses with a shout of pain, clutching his neck. I leave Sasuke with Sakura, seeing that Naruto is in danger. I block the ninja's attack, pulling Naruto out of the way. Kabuto falls on the floor thanks to me again.