Chapter Forty One

It was time to leave. Naruto woke up early and said goodbye to me. I was really touched. I knew that boy loved his sleep.

I slung my backback on, walking down the silent streets of Konoha. I was nervous and excited. I mean, this was an important mission, even if I was just watching the proceedings, really. But still... it was technically an A-ranked mission!

I walked up to the front gate, surprised to see everyone was already here. I was ten minutes early. Our team was a four man squad made up of Anbu and jonin. There was only supposed to be three members, but I was added on last minute. "You're late," a woman said coldly.

I almost argued with her, but held my tongue. I knew how to deal with people. Being silent was the first step. "My name is Katsuo Suzuki," one of the men smiled. He was smirking, his stance confident, verging on arrogance. I glanced at his arm and saw an Anbu tattoo.

Katsuo frowns slightly and shifts his sleeve to cover the tattoo. "Aren't you the observant one," He mocks. He had blue, long hair tied back into a poney tail. His reddish, fusia eyes smirked, revealing his cockyness. He had an angular face, but overall was handsome.

A boy, younger then the rest. stepped forward. "Hey," He greeted softly, "I'm Ayumu," He didn't give a last name, and I didn't ask for one. He had reddish brown hair, beautiful green eyes, and a constantly wary look on his face.

We all looked to the woman. She had long white hair, glaring brown eyes, and was quite tall. Or was I short? Forget it. "Erai Sato," She said shortly.

"And you're Keira Boukyaku, right?" Katsuo asked. I nodded.

"Let's go, the girl's held us up enough," Erai stated bluntly. We exited the gate, and the woman began to run. She set a very fast pace, practically sprinting. It was obvious she didn't want me here. And she was trying her best to leave me behind.

I bit my tongue, holding back a smirk. "Are we going to run this slow the entire time?" I ask, skillfully weaving an innocent tone into my voice. The woman glared and picked up the pace. Katsuo groaned, sending me a dirty look.

Ayumu just sighed slightly and looked to the heavens with bored eyes. About ten minutes later, Katsuo dropped back beside me. "You have great endurance," He complimented. I glanced at him and nodded shortly.

"Y'know, this running isn't the only thing getting my heart rate up," He said lowly. I nearly tripped over my own feet. The guy was like, twenty seven! "F*ck me if I'm wrong, but your name is Katie, right?"

I run closer to Ayumu, who sends me a sympathetic glance, but otherwise ignores me. I have to put up with Katsuo's crude, suggestive comments the entire day. We stop for the night, and I jump up in a tree, laying my bag down.

Kuso, Katsuo was just... innapropiate. We ate dinner, and I tucked away plenty of it. "Girl, you ate a lot of food," Katsuo began, "But don't worry. I know an activity we can do that burns 350 calories an hour,"

I huff, heading up to my bed in the trees, ignoring the tents the others are setting up. "Hey, I'm scared of the dark, can't I sleep with you tonight?" Katsuo asked. I sent him a glare, which he skillfully ignored. "I mean, I love my bed, but I prefer yours," He smirked.

"I don't sleep!" I yell down to him.

"Neither would I!" He shouted back, then crawled into his tent, chuckling. It wouldn't be so bad if I didn't know he was being serious. The images going through his head... I shuddered.

"Keira, get down here," I hear Erai order. I jump down immidiately. "Get in one of the tents," She orders. I stare. "I know you don't sleep, just get in a tent! I've got first watch," I walk over to Ayumu's tent.