t h i r t y-s i x - he got what he deserved

i don't want this moment to ever end
when everything's nothing
without y o u . . .

▪️▫️▪️

I've never been subject to gossiping. Never been the victim of it, and I've never cared enough to participate in it. I absorb what I hear from others, get enjoyment out of the story for a minute, and move on.

Gossip hardly interests me. Unless I'm the one people are gossiping about.

Going to school on Monday made me quite aware of the fact that what happened at Isabella's wasn't just between Michael, Anthony and I anymore.

Blair told me that she heard a group of girls talking about it in her math class. Michael said the conversation in the boys locker room only consisted of one thing – me. I saw the looks a few people were giving me throughout the day and I knew that I was in for a weird week.

Apparently, there's a few stories going around because gossip spreads like a game of whisper down the lane. Some say we were going to sleep with each other but I chickened out, others say we did it three times that night.

But the main story that came from the culprit himself goes as so: Anthony and I had sex, but I wasn't as good as he was expecting me to be. 

Complete and utter bullshit. But it didn't really bother me because I know I'm better than to succumb to the rumors I hear. The rumors that Anthony made up and told everyone himself.

To me, it's exhausting to hold a grudge. So I thought I'd put it all behind me, ignore the gossip, and move on with my life because I have better things to do than get hung up over what some fuckboy said about me and a nonexistent one night stand.

When Anthony missed school on Tuesday, I didn't think anything of it. But when he missed Wednesday and Thursday as well, I grew suspicious.

Staring at the door to the boys locker room from my spot on the floor of the gym, I waited impatiently to see if he would come walking out. It's Friday, a week after the incident, and I have yet to see if Anthony showed up to school yet. Gym is my second class of the day and it's the only time I see him, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that he comes walking out any second now.

"Vic."

A hand shoved my arm and knocked me out of my trance. Blair huffed beside me and when I turned to look at her, she just shook her head.

"You didn't hear anything I just said, did you?" She smirked knowingly.

"No," I admitted bluntly, then went back to staring at the wooden door.

She sighed, and I could picture her rolling her eyes. "So what if he's not here today? What does that mean?" She asked.

"Well, now that everyone knows about what happened at the party, that means Josh most likely knows," I brought my legs in to do a butterfly stretch, taking my eyes off the door and facing her. "If he's not here, then that could mean one of two things – either he's sick, or something happened between him and Josh. I'm nervous because Mikey said that Josh would kill Ant if he found out what he did, and I know he's right."

"But don't you want Anthony to rot in hell after that night?" She knit her eyebrows together.

"Yeah," I scoffed. "I just don't want Josh involved in it. I didn't want him to find out about it at all, but Anthony fucked that up."