Chapter 5

Monica is pictured above. Kate Winslet plays her. Age 33.

Robert's P.O.V

I buttoned my shirt and put my shoes back on. Last night with Monica was a blur. All I remembered was coming to her apartment after I had hit Sandra unconscious with a statue. Monica had always been just pleasure for me. She never meant anything. Sandra never gave me pleasure so I looked for it someplace else. After my honeymoon with Sandra, I didn't want to hurt her in that way anymore.
"Do you have to leave Robbie?" asked Monica.
"I have work. I have to go see Sandra as well."
"Sandra this Sandra that. Leave that bitch already. You have me. What do you see in her anyways? She is just like the rest of them. She doesn't even give you the pleasures I do."
I instantly grabbed her by the throat.
"Talk about her that way again and I will kill you. Don't lower her to yourself. Look at you and your position. YOU WORK FOR HER! The only reason you became the top model was because she wanted you to. Don't you think I told her to choose someone else who was younger?"
"Stop Robert! I could be Mrs. Gomez and not her! I don't see why you beat her and then come to me and then run to her and say your sorry. THE CYCLE IS THE SAME DON'T YOU SEE! YOU MAKE ME LIVE HELL AND I'M NOT EVEN YOUR WIFE!"
I grabbed her by her hair and tossed her on the couch. I instantly with great force slapped her. She put her hands over her cheek and started crying.
With that I gathered my things and left the apartment.

Sandra's P.O.V

I got dressed and went downstairs. When I looked at the clock it read 9:00 A.M. Great. Robert was almost home. The process would go on and he would act like nothing happened last night. I held on to a picture of Keanu and I. For some reason I could not stop thinking of him. He lurked in my memory all morning and I couldn't help myself think and wonder how my life would have turned out with Keanu as my husband. Suddenly my thoughts were interrupted.
"Sandra! I'm home." he yelled.
I took the picture and hid it behind me or somewhere where he could not see it. It was too late. He was at the doorway and gave me a concerned look.
"I can't believe you keep hiding things from me honey. You know how I feel about surprises." he said almost childlike.
I stayed in my position and avoid giving him eye contact.
"Looks like you aren't chatty this morning beautiful." With that he put his hand on my cheek and slowly started moving towards my chin. He stopped and tried to give me a light kiss before managed to move away. That made him retaliate. I started getting nervous and hoping he had forgotten about what was behind me.
"Well lemme see my gift then. If you don't want my affection."
I still didn't move or say a word. It was like I was frozen. Still in my place. Like a statue. He didn't wait any longer and snatched the picture out of my hand. I froze.
"Well. After all these years Sandy. You still have fantasies about you and Keanu?" he asked patiently. "If he really loved you, he would have come back after his first wife died and not have gotten married for the second time." He pulled his lighter out of his pocket and flicked it on. He started burning the bottom right corner which had Keanu on it.
"Not only should he be dead for me Sandra, but for you as well."