Chapter 27

Yeh it's been a while, sorry...I havn't been writing as much but I'm not gonna give up! Uploads will just not be as frequent!

Please do not get angry or sad at this chapter like i normally do! Just know it's a vital part of the story!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I returned home later that evening to only half listening to Marie’s one sided phone call.

“No she’s not here at the moment Mrs Austin…”

“Is that my mom?” I asked as I bounded through the door.

“On second thoughts…” Marie hadn’t me the phone and I took it taking a deep breath before answering “Hello?”

“Renee?”

“Yes mom, it’s me”

There was a silence before she said “You need to come home Renee”

“What? Why?”

“I don’t think you’re cut out for it, I got a phone call saying you came in late with some boy…I mean where’s the Renee we all know? The one that put’s her job before a BOY”

I didn’t really see my mom angry much and it broke my heart “Mom…”

“Renee” her voice cracked and she quietly said “I have no choice…you come home or…we’ll suspend you”

“How can you do this to me?” I chocked out “Why?”

“I don’t have a choice” I’d never seen her so blunt with me before.

“No”

“What?”

“I said no” I repeated with certainty “I’m not coming back”

“Who is he?” she asked after a moment of silence “”Who has brainwashed you into abandoning your family?”

“Don’t start with all the blood is thicker than water crap…please”

“Well it is” she sniffed and I couldn’t tell whether or not she was crying “You have until tomorrow to make a choice”. I was about to scream and rant and ask her how she could make me choose, but I looked down at the screen.

Call Ended.

*

“Good morning class!” Mr T boomed loudly as we settled into our seats “Time for you to showcase your lovely photography projects!”

“Are you ready?” Blake whispered to me whilst I smiled weakly. Ever since the phone call I’d had with my mum I hadn’t spoken much, I was scared if I did I’d break down in tears.

“Sugarplum what’s up?” he asked soothingly ignoring the first presentation currently going on.

I shook my head and turned my face away trying to take in what they were saying. Blake didn’t ask again, instead gripping my fingers tightly in his.

“Blake and Renee!” I was cut off from my thoughts when we were called up to present.  Blake dragged my forward, inserting the USB into the computer and turning off the lights so they could see the pictures properly. We had put soft pop music in the background whilst adding subtitles  to tell the story.

The slideshow starting with a picture of Blake lounging in my kitchen eating Oreos as the class laughed. “There was once a boy, lazy, conceited and stupid”. Blake shot me a glare. I had added those subtitles in after.

Then there was a picture of both of us covered in flour there was a new round of laughter from our class. “He spelt trouble wherever he went”. Next I was shown spluttering from being ducked in the pool and he laughed “This girl wasn’t happy”.

“But they got to know each other” the pictures followed with playing with Lou, and running in the park. “And she thought maybe he was just misunderstood” the class stood silently watching the recording we’d added as Blake yelled from the tree’s “Renee I’m stuck!” they burst out laughing and I couldn’t help smiling slightly through the tears threatening to spill. “I guess the moral of this VERY short story” the subtitles read as a picture of me at the beach came up “Is that you never judge and ugly boy by his cover” there was more laughter and Blake shook his head at me “Oh and that he’s a really great boyfriend” I giggled at the last part that Blake obviously added slowly blushing as there was a picture of me kissing him on the cheek. The class broke into applause and I closed my eyes, the lump in my throat getting bigger, before I stood up and ran out of the classroom.

I was aware of someone running after me and didn’t stop until the tears started blurring my vision.

“Hey sugarplum…didn’t you like it?” he joked turning me to face him.

“I loved it” I whispered through my tears

“Then what’s wrong?”

I let out a sob “I’m leaving…”

He froze “What?”

“I’m going back to Florida…my flight leaves in about 2 hours and...” I broke down crying my knees on the floor.

He sat down next to me “But why?” I didn’t see him cry often and I hated it when he did.

“Please don’t cry” I whispered trying to wipe my own tears “Please…”

“You promised!” he said suddenly angry “You promised you wouldn’t leave”

“I had to…”

“You chose family” he whispered “I’m proud of you…”

“Proud?” I cried “I promised I wouldn’t leave you and now I am because my mother’s threatening!”

“You can visit me right?” he said through his tears “Please?”

I shook my head as realization dawned “No…I’m not leaving…”

He pointed behind me “You have to sugarplum, you’re rides here”

“But…” I couldn’t think, I couldn’t breathe “But I love you”

“I know you do” he assured my pulling me into a hug “But you’ve got to love me from afar”

“I don’t think I can…”

“Please Renee? Family is…family is your life”

“So are you” I chocked out. The car behind us honked. I reached for him and he stepped back “If I hold you I won’t let go”.

I held a hand over my mouth “Blake…”

“Do me a favour sugarplum? Don’t look back…”

I turned around and began to walk aching for his touch one last time; I climbed into the car as the chauffeur said “Good afternoon agent Austin”

He began to drive, and without thinking I spun around to see him sitting down his shoulders shaking. I let out a sob muffled by my hands as we drove further and further away from my home.

 ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

A relationship doesn't get stronger unless it's tested, just bear that in mind...

Thanks for sticking with me!

Mwah.

-Viv