Chapter 28

Upload as promised! Hopefully this one will make you smile, it feels rushed so I do apologise!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I didn’t feel the rush of bliss when my foot landed on the familiar streets of Florida. I didn’t smile as I noticed the same shops still in place after m few months of being away. I began to wheel the small suitcase I’d brought up the steps of my family home, not bothering to knock but using the key to enter.

“Welcome home!” there was a chorus of loud shouting as familiar faces grinned at me, my mother leading them. I hardly glanced at them before trudging upstairs ignoring the calls after me. My room wasn’t even my room anymore; it was a strange place with a bed and pictures of me on the wall. I bit my lip hard attempting to stop myself from crying. I tasted blood.

“Renee?” it was my mom and I turned away from her as I sat down on the bed.

“Renee I’m sorry, I just thought we were losing you…”

“Get out”

“Renee…”

“I said GET THE HELL OUT” all my pent up anger unleashed at her “You make me choose, threatening me and taking me away from the person I love and you expect me to run at you with open arms? I hate you right now” I spat at her when she didn’t move silent tears falling down my face I said nothing but “Close the door after you”.

I thought it was the right thing to do, my family had always been there for me and therefore they were first. My mother had never been a cruel type, but making me choose had spurred on a sudden hatred. 

It was night time before I finally emerged, no one was downstairs as I searched in the fridge for something to eat, I heard footsteps but didn’t look up. Grabbing a bowl of pasta I pushed past my parents without glancing their way.

“For goodness sake Renee will you look at us?” my father looked exhausted and I turned around enough to acknowledge his presence.

“If we didn’t bring you home, you would have jeopardised your entire mission and we know how much it means to you”

“No” I corrected “You THINK you know how much it means to me” I continued my way upstairs not glancing back.

I woke up the next morning and heard voices in the kitchen I took that opportunity to sneak out grabbing my converse and slamming the door shut. I took a leisurely walk clearing my head unable to stop thinking about Blake. I heard a shuffling behind me and looked back and saw nothing. I continued to walk but not before a saw a figure dart behind a bush, it was a girl and I pretended I hadn’t seen her before entering an ice cream parlour.

“Renee! Long time!”

I smiled at the owner of the small shop Antonio “Yeah…I’ll just have the usual”

He nodded getting to work preparing my Oreo crunch. I turned to look out of the window and saw the girl stand up straight but not before taking off in the opposite direction. She didn’t see me, but I’d seen her.

What the hell was Ashley doing in Florida?

I arrived back home, still hearing the voices in the kitchen but darting upstairs before anyone could hear me. I let out a sigh as I sat on my bed pressing shuffle on my ipod and coincidently hearing One Direction’s Little Things begin to play. The tears did start to fall then, before I heard my phone ringing. I picked it up before checking the caller ID.

“Hello?” I said my voice thick from the tears

“Don’t cry sugarplum”

I gasped “I miss you so much” it didn’t stop the tears from continuingly flowing.

“I like that top you’re wearing is it one of mine?”

Confused I looked down to see one of Blake’s football jersey’s I’d subconsciously worn “How do you know?”

There was a tapping on the window and my breath hitched. He couldn’t have?

There on the window ledge sat my doof of a boyfriend “I realised” he said “That there’s no way in hell I’m letting you go without a fight”

I stood there in shock for about a minute before bursting out “I fricking love you so much right now”

 ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Ah, well there you have it!

Coments and Follows make me upload. Hehe, remember that. 

-Viv.