Intro: Royally Fucked

This was not what Cassie planned on happening.

August Berningham was certainly not on his knees, literally, to beg to her. It was all just in her imagination.

But no matter how much Cassie wanted to believe her mind, she couldn't. because this was the reality. August was really in front of her, and he was kneeling as his mouth kept reciting all the types of praise and worships that would make any other people do anything he'd want.

The Case: August had always gotten bad marks on Calculus. Cassie had always gotten the perfect score in that area. They sat next to each other in the senior year, so some interactions were bound to happen. Following the interactions was August becoming more and more dependant on her when it came to Calculus. And now, before mid-terms, he requested to her that she became his personal tutor.

This was probably the dreams of every single studious (nerd) female in this school. August was good-looking, just like every A-lister. He was a jock, he was the easiest way to get into Desmond's good grace. And best of all, August was the least mean of them all.

"Please Cassie," August's blue eyes tinkled in a way that Cassie thought only a puppy's eyes would. "Only you can help me! Please, just the Calculus!" August might talk about dumb things 90 percent of the time, but there was something about him that enforce people to make them care for him.

Aside from being a 200 pound athletic blonde jock, August Berningham was also certified as Desmond Arrington's bestfriend.

Actually, people didn't need to notice that August was charming, and blonde, and also super rich, and blonde, and that he had won a lot of football games. And blonde.

All people needed to know was that August was Desmond's bestfriend, and nobody would dare to refuse his demands.

Cassie was this close to refusing, but at the last second, August grabbed her hands, and at that she was lost.

At 18, Cassie had never been touched by anything male. More over, a hot specimen of male. She looked with horror at the seemingly innocent August. But August didn't seem like he had just used his sexual strength to make Cassie conform to him. He just seemed like he desperately needed help.

Finally, Cassie released a long sigh. "Alright," she said. "but you must know that I expect high salary."

"That's cupcake. I'll pay you so high you can update your entire wardrobe, Cass!" August finally got into his feet, genuinely relieved that Cassie obliged. "Or I can take you to some dates. You know, girls usually consider my company a good thing."

Cassie rolled her eyes. She forgot that she was talking with August Berningham, and if anything, he was an idiot. She'd spit him with sarcasm and he'd take it literally.

"I was just kidding, August. You don't need to pay me. Just make sure that you pick me up and drive me home."

"You're the best, Cass," August exclaimed as he proceeded to hug her. They were in such a public place that everyone could see this. Cassie blushed, partly because she was in the center of attention, and partly because of August's hard body was pressed into hers so tightly. Boys were warm, alright, and hugs from them felt so different, so comfortable. Maybe after she got out from this messy place, she'd find a boyfriend herself.

As August released her, though, Cassie saw someone behind his back. Desmond Arrington. This was probably the first time Cassie saw Desmond this close, even after twelve years being in the same school, and oh boy...

If there was any word to describe ethereal beauty without much sounding like how Bella described Edward, Cassie would have used it.

Desmond's eyes were darted to August, and on his face was a ghost of smile. His perfectly sculpted lips were not curving up, but his eyes were warm and smiling, a sure sign of fondness. It was altogether different from how Cassie wondered how Desmond would be, and it was also different from how all the girls describe him. Desmond might be a lot of things, but a warm-hearted boy he was not.