6: Deal with the Devil

no first person POV intro this time. But tell me who you want to see next, and I'll try to work it into the next chapter! 

-

-

-

There's a dark knight in every shining kingdom, and that's what Tristan Arrington was in St. Pulkeria For the Gifted and the Scholarly.

It was an understatement to say that St. Pulkeria was full of rich bastards. It had nothing but filthy rich kids who had more privileges than what they should be allowed to. And Tristan also came from that affluent breeding. Here's the catch, though: his mother was not.

His mother, in fact, came from the other side of the city. The one filled with gangsters and criminals and other people who did demeaning jobs to support themselves. In fact, his mother was very much part of the group, and did one demeaning job that resulted in Tristan. And when she died due to an illness that happened because of that demeaning job, the Arrington Patriarch took in Tristan into his huge house and made Desmond share his future with him.

Safe to say, Desmond wasn't very happy about having Tristan as his brother.

It wasn't a big secret that the hatred was a two-way streets, though. And because right now Tristan was as much as an Arrington as Desmond was, it made things complicated.

It also important to note that Tristan was classically good-looking; what with his dark hair, chiseled jaw, and amazing tanned skin. Say what you want to say about the cheating father, but everybody knew that the woman's looks was worth it.

"Please," Cassie was ready to beg even harder than this. "Lucas is fine. Or anybody, really. Anyone aside from him."

Tyra cooed. She always cooed sweetly before she lashed a pretty good insult. "Don't worry baby, I don't think he's interested in inflicting his HPV to you."

The double meaning didn't escape Cassie. As controversial Tristan's background was, it didn't really diminish the long lines of girls waiting to get their share of him. Coupled with the fact that his mother had been a service-based worker, it didn't take long before the rumor of Tristan as a walking STD circulated around school. It had been a cruel, dark times for Tristan, and it showed; it also made him cruel and darkly sarcastic.

Cassie hadn't really interacted much with the dark haired boy, but she was as sure that she wouldn't want that happening very soon. She also didn't like the fact that she might be spending a lot of time cozying up to him if this crazy fake dating idea really took place.

"He's scary," she said. "I won't feel comfortable with him."

"Which will create tension between you two, which will make this whole thing more believable!" Tyra rolled her eyes. "Come on. Just three months before, you were basically a speck of a dust on everybody's eyes. You have to go big or would you just want to call the whole thing off?"

But Cassie couldn't. She didn't want to. It was just a taste that had lured her in; a glance from Desmond, a little bit of attention. But now she knew what made people so obsessed with being inside the circle, and now that she was in, she didn't know if she could be content with her previous status.

It was like an addiction, but it made her feel good and that was why she nodded her head yes.

-

-

It was notoriously hard to find Tristan. He always maintained good grades, but he almost never went to school. The only time you could count on him attending was when there was a quiz that directly correlated to the report card.