Welcome Back

Chapter 15

*Solstice*

Tap. Tap. Tap.

I sat there in the lounge area waiting anxiously to land on Neverland while thinking what Peter will do when he sees me. My stomach turned at the thought. What would I even say?

Tap. Tap. Tap.

"Sol, stop tapping your fingernails on the table." Baelfire said sourly.

His words forced me out of my thoughts as I realized I was creating a toon with my fingers on the wood.

"Sorry, I didn't even notice." I apologized without much emotion. Baelfire and I were both becoming awkward around each other and plainly obnoxious. We'd been at each other's throats for the whole journey so far to Neverland. It had been over an hour and I was becoming bored.

Tap. Tap. Tap.

Baelfire gave me a cold look. "Stop it."

Tap. Tap. Tap.

"Sol," he growled. "I'm not in the mood. Go tap Cyrus' ear off or something."

His reaction surprised me. He's never talked to me that way before. I looked down at my feet to examine my small brown boots along with my skinny jeans. I was going to be wearing these for a long time I'm guessing. Suddenly I glanced up to Baelfire; "I'm sorry."

He shot his eyes over to mine and furrowed his brow; "for what?"

I took in a deep breath, "for not loving you."

Baelfire's eyes went wide, but then his face slowly fell with sadness. "It's not your fault you can't remember anything."

"But I feel like it is my fault. I don't know why but I feel responsible." I got up from where I sat and began to pace.

Baelfire let out a long sigh, "you're not the one who's at fault. Pan is."

"Why can't I remember anything Baelfire? If I only knew the truth I could tell weather or not to stop Pan once and for all, or if I should stop you. I don't know what good and evil look like anymore."

"Sol—"

"If you're not evil—if you didn't do all those terrible things, then it is I who should be to blame. If what you're saying is true then I must be causing you great pain. I'm so sorry if I am—"

"Solstice, stop!" Baelfire cut me off with his stern words. He got to his feet from where he was sitting and came over to me. He placed his hands on my shoulders as he looked down into my eyes. "This is not you're fault. So stop thinking it is."

"But—"

"Solstice." He gave me a commanding look. "You need to stop."

I looked into his eyes as I contemplated his words. I knew it wasn't my fault yet I felt like it was. Why did it hurt me so much to see Baelfire in pain? I looked down at my feet again, not wanting to meet his gaze. "I don't understand anything right now."

Baelfire hesitated for a moment until he pulled me into his strong embrace. He said nothing, he just held me in his arms.

Just then, Cyrus walked into the room. Noticing this I quickly moved away from Baelfire. Cyrus gave him a glare and turned to me: "The pilot said we've landed. We better get moving."

I nodded slightly. My stomach was knotted up inside knowing this could be the day I got my memories back.

.+**+.+**+.+**+.+**+.+**+.+**+.

*Third person's POV*

Rain was beating down on the trees of Neverland that night while the waves crashed into the shore as if trying to attack the island's grainy sand. The cries of children echoed in the forest while the hums and hoots of the animals whispered along in their songs.

Peter Pan stood at the base of a large oak tree while its leaves guarded him from the icy rain. His mind was empty of thoughts as he stood there gazing out into the shadows of the night. He slowly began to pull out an old wooden pan flute and brought it to his lips. Faint music was born from his breath which haunted every corner of the island.

Sudden footsteps added to the chilling tune as Pan kept playing. The footfalls came closer and closer until Pan stopped his music, yet his song of deception still lingered in the air.

"Pan," a sly voice whispered through the rain and sounds of the children. "Everything has been set in place. She'll be arriving to Neverland in three weeks."

"Well done Felix." Pan said without turning to him. "We must have the pixie dust in order for my plan to work. She'll begin to trust us once we sweeten the deal—"

Suddenly Pan felt a shock wave enter through him. He dropped the flute to the mudded ground as he stood there in shock. His breathing began to become heavy as anger ignited in his chest.

"What's wrong Pan?" Felix asked with the slightest amount of panic.

"Someone's on Neverland." He turned around and began to stalk toward the beach.

Once Felix and Pan arrived, the rain had cleared yet the eerie cries of children did not cease. Both boys hid themselves within the brush as they observed three figures step out from a small dark ship.

"What is that?" Felix asked cautiously.

Pan huffed out angrily: "it's a ship. Technology only a certain race posses."

"And who's that?" Felix asked without any anxiety in his voice.

"Stars."

"You mean she's back?" Felix asked as he observed the only female figure. "Why is she back?"

"I guess she couldn't stay away." The slightest smirk spread across Pan's lips. "Time to play."