Rescue

Ughhhh I am so so so so so SORRY!!!! I went to camp in the beginning of August.. Then I actually bruised the tendons in my wrist reeeeealllllyyyyy badly at the last day of camp... So I have barely been able to do anything with it because it gets swollen so easily!!! But I am back now and ready to write!!!!!!
_________________

Chapter 29

*Solstice*

"Are you for real?" I raised my eyebrow Ivan who stood before me with sword drawn. "Why in the stars would I fight you? What do you want?"

"As I said, I want to see what the queen of the stars is made of." Ivan snickered out the words, making me irritated. He was mocking me, and we both knew it.

America built inside my chest. I did not have time for this. I glared at him; hidden confidence revealing itself. "Look Ivan, I don't care what you want. I don't have to do what you say. You know why? Because I am a queen. And you're nothing but wannabe Cale. Now get out of my way." My voice was calm and dangerous, I realized.

Ivan smirked and nodded slightly. "Okay, I can a hint." His voice was as calm as mine had been, if not calmer. I found no fault in his words. "They tell me I know when to back down. I guess this my time to do so. Next time, your majesty." He bowed his head slightly, never taking his eyes off of mine. He sheaved his sword, and back away into the forest.

I sighed and glanced at the short sword I was clutching. One part of me wanted to toss it, so I would never lay eyes on it again. But the other part of me reasoned with me to keep it. I figured since I was without magic, I needed the sword for defense. Its sheave laid on the ground along with a belt attached. I snatched it up and looped it around my waist.

I made my way toward the prison cells, trying to decide how I was going to win TinkerBells trust. I'd just have to wing it.

I appeared through the brush, seeing four figures huddled inside the iron cages. My heart sank. Baelfire's eyes were tired. Weariness seeming to get the better of him. Wendy was sickly; thin as a twig. Cyrus was bruised yet his expression was emotionless, even at the sight of me. Cyrus knew how to act; he knew the plan. They all knew the plan to double-cross Pan. All of them except for TinkerBell.

My eyes landed on the fairy who was glaring right back at me.

"Who's the brunette? A friend of Pan's?" Venom escaped her words, daring to murder me in one quick strike. It made me wonder how I was ever going to gain her trust.

I glanced around the prison ground—no guards. I made my toward TinkerBell's cage. I fished the silver key out of my pocket; the key that Pan gifted me with. It only worked for his cage, no one else's. Pan suspected I was try and free my other friends. Clever.

TinkerBell just a gawked at me as I turned the key. The lock clicked with approval, and the door opened with a creak. The fairy stated up at me with a confused look. "What's your angle?"

"No angle." I said softly. "But I do need you to come with me."

"Why in the skies would I come with you? I don't know you. Why should I trust you?"

"Well I didn't ask you to trust me, now did I? If you value your freedom, you'll come with me." I stared at her, not letting myself be intimidated by her.

After a long and treacherous moment of silence, she finally agreed and crawled out of the iron cage. TinkerBell looked back at the other three; "Not that i'm complaining, but what about them? Or is it just me you're heroically rescuing?"

I didn't look at my three friends; I had to stay in character. "Leave them. You are my mission."

"Then lead the way."