Chapter 6: The Get-A-Way

"Caitlin smiles as she glances around.  "This place is amazing!"  Barry laughed a little and walked over, standing next to her as she looked out the window at the view.  "I thought you might like it."  He gently places his hand over hers.  Caitlin glances over at him. "I love it.  This was definitely a good idea.  I may even forget the reason why I'm here in the first place."  Barry smiled. 

"I figured if any place could thaw you out a little it'd be here."  Caitlin laughed a little.  "Well.  Perhaps for once you might be right about that..  So.  Where were we heading to first?"  "Well.  I thought we could maybe walk along the beaches.  Or there's a cruise in about an hour we can tour on?"  Caitlin smiled.  "I think walking on the beach sounds nice."

As they continued walking quietly along the beach, Caitlin glances over at Barry looking at him with a slightly worried look.  "Is everything alright Barry?  You seem quiet."  She asks.  "I guess I've just had a lot on my mind.."  She raises her eye slightly curious.  "Should I be worried?"  He glances over at her.  "No.  Of course not.  I've just been worried about you..  And the girls.."  Caitlin slips her hand in his.  "You don't have to worry about me."  Barry grinned a little.  "I always will.  It's my job.." 

"So this restaurant you are taking me to.  Dressy or casual?"  Caitlin asks once they had reached back to their hotel room.  "Dressy.  Definitely dressy."  Caitlin narrows her eyes a little.  "Then I might have to go and shop for a better dress."  Barry raises his eye slightly and gives her a small smirk.  "Well what dress did you bring?"  He asked her curiously.  Caitlin walked over to her suitcase then opened it grabbing the dress that she had found for the trip.  It was a long dress and it was blue and sparkly.  "What about this one?"  Barry smiles.  "That should be just perfect." 

After Caitlin was ready, she came out wearing the sparkling blue dress, and had found a white pearl necklace and earrings to match it.  She then had her hair in loose curls.  As she stepped out of the bathroom, Barry was sitting on the bed waiting in his black tux and shoes, his hair slicked back instead of its usual ruffled style.  "Ready.."  Caitlin said taking a deep breath.  She wasn't sure why, but she felt like she was going on a first date with him all over again.

Barry glanced up and smiled.  "You look amazing."  He said standing up and walking over to her.  "Shall we then?"  He said extending his arm to her.  Caitlin smiled accepting his offer and nodded.  "Yes we shall."   Barry took the few steps reaching the door and the two of them walked out of the room and headed downstairs to the main lobby, even getting a few glances from some of the passersby.  Once Barry hailed a cab, he gave the driver directions to the restaurant.

"What's the special occasion?"  The driver asked glancing from out of the corner of his eye.  Barry suddenly felt nervous.  The cab driver sounded like he was being nosy.  "No occasion."  The cab driver smirked a little and revealed a small hand gun.  "Then you don't mind me interrupting your little party?"  Caitlin looked at him wide eyed as she saw what was happening.  Barry extended his arm out in front of Caitlin to protect her.  Barry gave her a warning look that said on the count of three, run. Caitlin shook her head.  She wasn't going to leave Barry alone though she knew he would be able to handle him.  "What do you want?"  Barry asked watching the man's moves closely.

"You look like a wealthy couple."  Barry let out a laugh.  "You're serious right?  Out of anyone you could have robbed?"  As she hears the sound of gunfire, Caitlin quickly feels herself being moved out of the way as Barry stopped the bullet.  He had no choice, to reveal who he was.  He couldn't allow him to hurt Caitlin. 

Once they were able to get out of the car and called the police to take the guy in, Barry rushed over to Caitlin wrapping his arms around her.  "Are you alright?"  Caitlin nodded feeling a bit shaken up.  She of course had been through worse with Captain Cold and Mick, but still.  She hadn't expected.  "Seems we can't go anywhere these days.."  She muttered, shivering a little as Barry hugged her close.  "It'll be fine.  We still have a full week to make amazing memories."  Feeling Caitlin's body suddenly drop in temperature, he began to get worried.  He quickly rounded the corner of the street then sped them back to the hotel room in time for Caitlin to send a streak of ice.  He made an attempt to move out of the way but once again, felt himself get hit.  He gripped his arm a moment but then quickly pulled away as the wound where the ice streak hit him, immediately froze his hand as well with even the slightest touch.