Chapter Twenty-Two - Mission Possible

I found pictures of people who look like the characters :) They are in my facebook page 'First Impression' so go there. It's in external link, right above the cast list :) Tell me what you think about the pictures :) I just thought the song on the fight suited the mood of this chapter.

Now, please enjoy. VOTE and/or comment!!!!!!!

Chapter Twenty-Two – Mission Possible

It was a demonstration of my extraordinary procrastination skills that the tea with Mademoiselle wasn’t scheduled until almost two months after she requested it.

Of course, I should have known that Mademoiselle would not let me get off scot-free for that.

But I didn’t and so I was woefully unprepared when Mademoiselle called me into her office one day to drop the bomb on me.

“You, on behalf of the Middle Student Council, will be hosting the event,” Mademoiselle told me calmly, sipping her favourite Earl Grey tea. “It will be your etiquette exam. If you pass, you will be promoted to tenth grade etiquette class.”

If not… I had a feeling the consequences would not be limited to staying in the seventh grade etiquette class. Mademoiselle had a very creative imagination.

“Why?” I was proud that my voice hadn’t risen to a squeal.

“Etiquette is all about applying it in real life,” Mademoiselle replied. “Nobody would care if you could describe the proper way to sit but people would pay attention to how you carry yourself.”

“I’d expect everything, invitations, table setting and so on,” Mademoiselle continued. “If you need funds for the event, feel free to come to me.”

“You will do well,” Mademoiselle added upon seeing my glum expression. “Anyone with a pinch of common sense and aestheticism would.”

I guessed I would. However I might have fared in other pursuits – remember the piano? – I was certain I at least had some common sense and aestheticism.

*

And so, I was on a series of errands. First off was a visit to Angelina to ask her opinion on the invitation cards for Mademoiselle, Edward and Avery. To be truthful, that wasn’t the main reason for seeing Angelina… There was a question that had been bugging me, a nagging suspicion that refused to go away.

I was in the school office the other day, checking the notebook there when I remembered it had a large ink splat, similar to one Angelina caused with her fountain pen… And Ria had borrowed the fountain pen. Why didn’t Ria borrow the other modern pens with the removable ink cartridges instead? Writing with the old pens was difficult unless you were an expert like Angelina...

Angelina was happy to help me with the invitation cards. As she looked through them, I commented casually, “Your fountain pen is still in pretty good condition.”

Angelina bobbed her head. “I’m really careful with it since it’s so old and I get the nib changed frequently too.”