Chapter Three- The Overdose Just So Happens to be the Antidote

A/N- This chapter has been rebooted and improved, so please let me know what you think!

A/N- Second reboot added. (12/02/14)

I let you see the parts of me that weren’t all that pretty,

and with every touch you fixed them

 -  P!nk, Just Give Me a Reason

John

I woke up to a new warmth. My eyes snapped open, and I found myself comfortably buried into Sherlock in the exact same position I’d fallen asleep in last night. I nuzzled my head into his skin, just to check that he was really there. A gasp turned into a sigh of relief when I heard his heartbeat.

Feeling more refreshed than I had in as long as I could remember. I started to flick through the events of last night. ‘Flicking through’ soon turned into playing every moment on repeat. I kept my arms wrapped possessively around him until they ached. If I didn’t, he could disappear any second.

Sherlock was still sleeping when I looked up at his relaxed features. Though it was Christmas morning, I wanted to stay like this for as long as we possibly could, just the two of us. Maybe everyone would forget about us and we could just stay here forever, safely intertwined where nothing could touch us.

“I can’t believe you’re really here,” I whispered, even though he probably couldn’t hear me unless he was just pretending to be asleep- which seemed possible, because I could almost feel him smirk.

There was an abrupt knock on the door, disturbing the blissful almost-silence. I swear, Mrs Hudson’s shrill voice almost broke the wall.

“John? Are you awake?!”

My eyes opened to find that Sherlock was now awake too. He grinned, and glanced at the door before looking down at me. His smile got softer.

“Um… Yes, Mrs Hudson!” I called out, trying not to allow what I was feeling at the current moment to affect my voice. “Merry Christmas!” This was even more awkward to say, coming out in a bit of a jumble because Sherlock had decided to start kissing me at the same time. What would she say if she walked in on this?

“Merry Christmas, love! Want a cuppa!”

“Er… I… Um…” I glanced up at Sherlock who was in the middle of a laughing fit, choking back tears. Rolling my eyes, I hissed; “What the hell do I say, Sherlock?”

Redeeming himself, he sat up and reached for his squashed robe, tying it around him snugly then swinging his legs off the bed. With a deep breath, he opened the door.

“Actually, Mrs Hudson, make that two.”

Thank God our landlady wasn’t holding anything, because she definitely would have dropped it- when her eyes set on Sherlock, she screamed, waving her hands about frantically like she’d seen a ghost. Sherlock placed both hands on her shoulders and whispered things like ‘calm down’ and ‘it’s okay now’.

As soon as she realized he was real, tears started to flush her face. Her mouth hung open, speechless for a moment, until, with a ragged voice she whispered- “Sherlock… The m-mess you’ve m-made…”

Sherlock put his arms around the sobbing woman and kissed her on the cheek gently. He pulled her into a soothing embrace. “Now, now, Mrs Hudson... It’s going to be alright.”

“You can’t just do that to us!” She sounded very angry, and slapped Sherlock’s arm. He grimaced in pain but accepted it.

 Mrs Hudson glared at him for a moment. Then she sunk back into him in a sobbing heap.