Chapter Ten- MOFFAAAAAAT!

Traumatize a generation, that's what it's all about.

- Steven Moffat (The Troll King)

A/N- Fangirls, feast your mind palaces. Sherlock, feast on feels.

John

When we got back, Sherlock flicked through the file a couple of times before we started packing our things into a larger suitcase. I changed into my more casual clothes (including the new jumper that Sherlock had bought me, which was very comfortable) as the train journey later would take a few hours. Sherlock rarely wore anything but his suits, so he didn't copy me, although I convinced him to take a couple of pairs of jeans that were hidden at the back of his wardrobe. He received a text from Lestrade saying that he'd meet us at Paddington station at six-fifteen and we'd be boarding a train at seven fifteen.

Sherlock packed some other things too including his new copy of 'Frankenstein'. I noticed he was taking all his credit cards and a lot of money, but when I asked why he just tapped his nose and smiled coyly at me.

I came to a realization once we'd finished- "We'll be in Cardiff for New Year's, Sherlock."

"I know. Are you okay with that?" He asked.

"Yes, of course. Besides, we don't have much of a choice anyway," I said.

"Yes, we do. If you don't want to go, we're not going."

"But murder, Sherlock," I winked at him. We still had a few hours left before we had to leave for the station, so we decided to watch some Doctor Who.

"Which episodes do you want to watch?"

"I haven't seen the end of season two."

"Oh shit."

"What?"

"Sherlock, I'm not sure you want to watch that."

"Please, let's just watch it. I want to know what happens!"

"Fine, but don't say I didn't warn you."

I went to get the DVD and put it in the player. I snuggled next to Sherlock on the sofa as we started to watch, from the beginning of the episode 'Army of Ghosts' to the end of 'Doomsday'. Sherlock looked devastated as Rose said goodbye to The Doctor and my eyes welled up with tears like they did every time I watched this episode.

"I love you."

"Quite right too. And I suppose... if it's my last chance to say it... Rose Tyler, I-"

He never got the chance to say it back. At this point, Sherlock lost at and shook his fist in the air, shouting; "MOFFAAAAAAT!"

I hugged him. "He didn't write this episode, Sherlock."

"I still blame him," he muttered bitterly.

"... So do I," I laughed weakly. "It's okay, Sherlock."

"No it isn't."

"Okay, no it isn't, but I suppose it will be... kind of," I tried not to spoil the future episodes for him.

"Do you mean on Doctor Who now or are you talking about real life?" He looked slightly concerned.

"I meant Doctor Who, things are better than okay now in real life anyway," I smiled.

"And yet we're travelling to Cardiff to investigate a serial killer," he pointed out the irony of the situation.

"I meant for us, idiot," I tittered.

"Oh. Of course, yes. Much better than okay... Anyway, John, I was... Wondering if..."