15. The Twerk Team

I high-fived Nathan with my free hand as he set the last steaming hot latte onto the tray I was balancing in my other hand.

"Keep your hands on the tray princess." He quickly warned just as the tray slightly wobbled.

I quickly did and stuck my tongue out at him.

"You sure you got it?" He asked as I started my way out of the kitchen.

"Yeah, I'm not a klutz okay?" I defended.

"Yes you are, sweetheart." Nathan chuckled, causing me to shoot a glare at him.

"At least I'm not a faker-daker." I shot back.

"Your vocabulary is getting worse, we really do need to start you in some online-schooling." He shook his head.

"Lick me." I said, making a face at him.

"Gross." He retorted.

I simply stuck my tongue out at him.

"Would you stop doing that? You're not five." He gave me a look.

I opened my mouth but he quickly added. "And you're not Miley Cyrus."

I closed it and frowned.

"Since you can't twerk." He shot me a smug smile. "You'd probably fall over." He added with a chuckle.

I glared at him and set down my tray, marching up to him.

"Oh don't even go there buddy boy." I snapped in a low tone.

"Buddy boy?" He shot me an amused grin.

"You wanna see my amazing twerking?" I threatened.

"You can't even touch your toes." He laughed. "Don't embarrass yourself cupcake."

"I am tired of your doubts in me almost as much as I am of your food-fetish nicknames for me, so there is only one way to settle this." I crossed my arms and paused for dramatic effect. "A twerk-off."

He leaned back against the counter, crossing his arms too now. "Bring it."

I internally exploded in joy as he said those two iconic words, thanking the gods that my prayers to reenact Kirsten Dunst from Bring It On in a real-life situation had been answered.

"DUSTIN, TYLER, MAX, LANDON!" I screamed at the top of my lungs, causing Nathan to wince since he was right in front of me.

A few seconds later, I heard feet pounding towards the kitchen and all three boys almost fell over, stopping in front of me. Dustin walked in casually after them, avoiding their near dog pile.

"What is it?" Tyler asked, all of them looking at me expectantly, then at Nathan with confused looks.

"Did he-" Tyler and Landon started, glaring at Nathan.

"No, he didn't hurt me." I rolled my eyes at their barbaric behavior.

"Only your ego." Nathan muttered, causing Dustin to laugh.

My narrowed eyes jumped from Nathan to Dustin. "I taught you what that word meant so you do not get to laugh at that!"

Dustin abruptly stopped his chuckles of betrayal then.

"Why'd you call us here?" Tyler asked, impatient now.

"Because." I stated, before motioning them all to huddle around me.

They gave me skeptical looks, but came over anyways, Nathan left in the background.

I quickly explained my plan to them once they were all huddled around me. Before I was even done, they all burst out into laughter.