Chapter 7

People were gathered in the Great Hall. They were watching the brave (but slightly stupid) older years put their names into the Goblet. People applauded.

Robyn frowned. She couldn't understand their attraction to the thought of eternal glory. Wasn't being surrounded by people you love enough? Or doing what you love for a living? Nothing came from glory. Only arrogance. Or disappointment. And maybe, sometimes, sadness.

The quartet watched as the very admired, Cedric Diggory walked up to the flickering blue flames and stepped over the age line. He placed his name in and the applause started again. Louder than ever.

"Eternal glory, be brilliant wouldn't it? In three years from now we'll be old enough to be chosen." Ron said in awe. Robyn stared at him.

"Yeah well, rather you than me." Harry said and Robyn smiled. At least Harry had some common sense.

All of a sudden, the twins entered the Great Hall, cheering with their fiery red hair.

"Thank you. Thank you, well lads we've done it." George said loudly, making his voice heard from all over the Great Hall.

"Cooked it up just this morning." Fred grinned proudly.

"It's not going to work." Hermione huffed and Robyn grinned. She was right.

"Oh yeah? And why's that Granger?"

Robyn laughed. Fred and George turned to her. She pointed to the glowing ring around the gold Goblet.

"You see that? That is an age line. Dumbledore drew it himself." Robyn said, highly amused at the two of them. She was going to have some fun when it blew up in their faces.

"So?" Fred shrugged.

Robyn giggled and shook her head.

"So a genius like Dumbledore couldn't possibly be fooled by something pathetically dimwitted such as an age potion." Hermione said.

"That's why it's so brilliant." Fred grinned.

"Ready Fred?"

"Ready George?"

After taking a sip of the potion, the two twins jumped inside the age line. Nothing happened. They put their names in the flickering flames. Nothing happened. The two high-fived.

Only this time, something happened...

The flames turned bright scarlet and roared to life, growing in size. Fred and George were flung across the Great Hall and everyone gasped or laughed.

The red heads groaned.

But when they got back up, they were no longer red heads. No, they both had a head full of grey hair, a long beard to match as well. The Great Hall erupted into laughter and Robyn could only raise an eyebrow.

"Told you so." Robyn mumbled under her breath.

"You said...Fred you said..."

The laughter turned into cheering as Fred and George rolled around the floor, fighting.

But everything became quiet as soon as Viktor Krum walked into the room. Fred and George stopped fighting just to get a better look at him.

Viktor placed his name in the Goblet and when he was walking away, he smiled at Hermione.

She smiled back.

>>>

It was Thursday night and all were sat in the Great Hall. The Durmstrang and Beauxbatons spread out everywhere.

Everyone was nervous and excited. Dumbledore was about to announce the champions. The three people who would be fighting through the Tri-Wizard tournament.

The trio and Robyn were happy. A year without anything to worry about.

"Sit down please. And now the moment you've all been waiting for, the champions selection!" Dumbledore said, a warm smile on his ageing face.

He approached the Goblet, his colourful robes trailing behind him.

Suddenly, the Goblet's icy blue fire turned blazing red. A piece of paper shot out of it and Dumbledore caught it. Anticipation hung over the Great Hall.

"The Durmstrang champion is ... Viktor Krum!" Everyone cheered and Viktor stood up. He went to the front and shook Dumbledore's hand. He then entered a back room behind the Professors table. Robyn rolled her eyes.

Of course Viktor would be one of the champions. Robyn thought.

Another name shot out and everyone went silent again.

"The champion from Beauxbatons... Fleur Delacour." People cheered again but it was mainly the boys as they watched Fleur float to the front of the Great Hall and dissappear with Krum.

Yet one more name came flying out of the burning flames.

"The Hogwarts champion... Cedric Diggory."

Cedric joined the other two champions in the back room. The three champions were chosen. It was done.

"Excellent! We now have our three champions! But in the end only one will go down in history. Only one will hoist this chalice of champions, this vessel of victory. The Tri-Wizard cup!"

Dumbledore stopped dead and everyone gasped as the Goblet glowed red once again. Whispers spread like wildfire as the Professors became anxious and confused. Robyn's eyebrows furrowed together as did everyone else's. There was only meant to be three champions.

A scrap of parchment flew out and everyone was deadly silent as they watched their very confused Headmaster open it up and read it.

A storm of emotions crossed through Dumbledore's blue eyes as he let out a noise of disbelief and shock.

"Harry Potter!"

(Hey, sorry it's on the shorter side but I thought it was a good time to end it. Thank you for all the support on this book as well. It's got over 200 votes and over 2K reads. Thats insane. So thank you all very much. Bye)