four

"Yeah, sorry Kass. I gotta go. I'll text you later, alright?"

After Kassidy groaned but obliged, I hung up the phone and opened the Twitter app.

I reread the DM that Luke had sent me and typed out a response.

Luke5SOS: you caught me, i'm so clingy that i'm texting you right before going back on for encore :-)

yagirlcharlotte: hope the show went well!

I figured he wouldn't answer for a bit so put my bowl in the dishwasher and walked upstairs to start getting ready. My mom was at work and my older brother was at his girlfriend's house, so I decided to go to the mall.

As I did my makeup, my eyes kept travelling to my phone sitting on my dresser. I didn't want to admit it, but I was a bit eager to get a reply from Luke.

--
Luke5SOS: it did, thanks charlotte :-)

Charlotte smiled at the simple message.

yagirlcharlotte: why do your smiley faces have noses

Luke5SOS: i like them :-( what time is it where you are?

yagirlcharlotte: 11am, you?

Luke5SOS: 11pm weiiiiiirrrrd. where do you live?

yagirlcharlotte: toronto!! i think i saw on twitter that you're somewhere in asia?

Luke5SOS: yeah! we played beijing tonight :-) what're you up to today?

yagirlcharlotte: just going to the mall soon, probably going to meet up with my friend :)

Luke5SOS: maybe you could buy my album ;-)

yagirlcharlotte: haha, we'll see

Luke5SOS: im just kidding, i hope you have fun at the mall :-)

yagirlcharlotte: i'll buy it if i see it!! & thanks luke

Luke5SOS: tell me if you do. hey it's totally cool if you don't want to, but would you mind texting? it'd be a lot easier for me

yagirlcharlotte: sure i don't mind. my number's xxx-xxx-xxxx

Luke5SOS: great :-)

//

A/N: i'm so sorry for dying on you guys all the time, i really suck. however i believe this will be the last really short chapter & it'll get a lot easier for me to write now, i'm always shitty at the beginning of stories :-(

also, i think i may start another luke fic where the sentences are like one sentence - a paragraph at most? it won't have as much character development and stuff and it'll more just be so i don't get writer's block as often :-)

let me know if you guys would read that!! i won't give up on this fic either way :-)

love you,
erika x