Chapter 7.

The walk back to my room was a blur.  

Greer and I have never fought with each other, not one single time, and I really didn't think what I did warranted her to be angry with me in the first place. I don't know why Prince Calvin is border line nice to me, I've only spoken to him a handful of times and each of those were mostly just me making a fool out of myself. It isn't like I'm the only one whose name he remembered either. He remember Lexton, so she must have made an impression on him too. I don't know why Greer can't see that.

I waited in my room for three hours for her to show up for us to eat our supper together, but she didn't show.

"Miss?" Fern asked from the door. "Are you ready for me to take your tray?"

I nodded my head and she cleared my plates and cup out from in front of me and shuffled to the door. "Wait, Fern?" I called to her.

"Yes, miss?" She asked setting her trays back down on the table.

"Tonight, they were filming us." I told her. "Who sees that? And how?"

She nodded her head in understanding. "Yes. We all see it." She told me. "It's televised to all of the vampire civilizations, and also I suppose they show it in the upper world now too."

I stared blankly at the table in front of me. "So you think other humans might be watching?"

"Oh, I don't know about all of that, miss." Her big eyes darted to the table, not daring to stray up to my questioning eyes. Something about my questioning was making her uncomfortable.

"How do you watch? Am I allowed to?" I pressed on anyway.

"It's broadcasted onto all of our devices-computers, phones, tablets, televisions- Anyone who has these things can watch." She said courtly, gathering the plates and things again, ready to run.

"Can I get a television?" I smiled up at her even though she wouldn't look at me.

"I don't think so, miss." She said softly. "I will ask for you though." She added with a smile.

"Thank you, Fern." I smiled politely and watched as she left the room.

It's obvious from her reaction that I won't be watching it on my own, but maybe I can find a place here that does have a television or computer that I could use. I decided to go down to Greer's room and see if she wants to help me go sleuthing to find a device for us to use so we can see what the vampires are saying about us.

I left my room quickly and wound my way around the corridors but I froze to stone when I turned a corner and found Prince Calvin dropping off Lexton at her door.

"I had a very nice time with you." She smiled shyly, tucking her dark hair behind her ears.

His returning smile actually looked happy and not forced. "I did as well." He told her, kissing the top of her hand, making her laugh gently. I couldn't help thinking they looked good together, but I also couldn't help the small tinge of jealousy that hit me unexpectedly.

I turned the corner and started walking the other way. I hadn't been walking long when suddenly Calvin was standing right in front of me, blocking my path. It stunned me for a second and I turned to glance behind me wondering how the heck he'd just been back there and now he's here.

"I never would have guessed you to be the Peeping Tom type." He said crossing his arms across his strong chest, something playful in his eyes.

"Oh, please." I said fighting back a grin and a blush as I squeezed through the space between him and the wall. "I was not spying on you, I was just on my way to Greer's room." I said over my shoulder. "Maybe you think a little too highly of yourself."