34.

Chapter 34.

"So when are you coming back?" Katie asked. I shrugged even though I knew she couldn't see me.

I decided to phone Mali and Katie just to tell them that I hadn't been kidnapped or anything but was with Xavier in hospital. They genuinely sounded worried for him.

But lessons had started again and I hadn't turned up to one so far. There was only one more year until I graduated college and was left to the big wide world.

"Today, hopefully." Xavier was much better and the doctors said Xavier was well enough to make his way home. I was grateful, I couldn't wait to take him home and to look after him there.

"That's great. Text me when you're back." Katie replied. "I was worried about you."

"Thanks Kate. I missed you."

"I missed you too." She said. "Just make your way back and we'll go out one night this week."

"Sounds great." We disconnected the call.

I made my way back to Xavier. He was lying on his bed with a smile on his face. I don't remember him ever being this happy.

"Hey, Angel." He spoke. I smiled his way.

"Hey."

"How are they?" I nodded my head.

"They're good, just missing me." I replied. Xavier pouted.

"I missed you too." He looked like a little boy and I smiled again his way. I rolled my eyes. "Don't roll your eyes at me, Angel, I did miss you."

"You're cute." I sat down on the chair next to him and he scoffed my way.

"Cute?" He questioned. "I'm Xavier, cute isn't one of my descriptions."

"It is now." I stated. I laughed at the childish face he pulled before remembering I had to get everything ready. I wanted him home tonight and I knew he wanted to go home too. He was getting restless here.

As I picked up his jacket I relished in the feeling of being engaged. It felt weird to say, and I knew many people would be against it. We were old enough to make the decision ourselves though, and when you know you know.

Who gave a fuck what people thought? Xavier never gave a fuck about anything so why should I do the worrying?

I was extremely happy. Happier than I'd ever been before.

"What are you smiling about?" I heard Xavier's voice from his bed. I turned around to see him cutely wrapped under the blanket with his eyes trained on me.

"You look all snug, it's really cute, pardon the word." I put my arms up in mock surrender. Xavier chuckled.

I got back to sorting everything out for Xavier. All his items and clothes were packed neatly in my bag.

I went to speak to the nurses to see for definite if Xavier could be let out of here. They thankfully said he was fit to leave.

Xavier couldn't wait to leave this place. He wanted his space and his own room. He didn't like all the fuss the nurses gave him. He was starting to get grouchy.