35.

Chapter 35.

I woke up by the sound of my phone ringing. It laid on the side table and vibrated against the wood. I groaned quietly and realised quickly that Xavier wasn't in bed. Where was he?

I diminished my thoughts to answer my phone.

"Yes?" I croaked. I coughed to get my voice back to normal.

"Girl, get your dress on, we're going out." Katie's voice loudly stated down the phone. I smiled at her voice. I did miss her and Mali a hell of a lot.

"Tonight?" I asked. I looked at the clock above Xavier's bed and it read 6 in the afternoon.

"Of course. Mali's coming." Katie noted.

I missed my friends a lot. Besides, I hadn't been out drinking for a while. Xavier would be fine with it, I think.

"Okay, I'm coming." I said. I could almost see the smile on her face. "Just let me get ready. I'll meet you outside campus at half 7."

"Yes! Perfect." And before I could say anything more, she hung up on me. Charming.

I placed my phone back down on the side table and sighed. I decided to get out of bed to see where Xavier was. Had he gone out? Maybe he went shopping for food. There wasn't exactly a whole lot of food in his fridge.

I got out of bed and found one of Xavier's tops on the floor. I chucked it on and went out into the living room.

Xavier was bent over the stove, his strong back on show to me. His muscles rippled when he moved and I stood there and watched him for a few minutes.

"Fuck!" He shouted as he took his hand and put it under cold water. It snapped me out of my daydreaming and I rushed over to see him.

"Are you okay?" I worried, I grabbed hold of his hand and looked at the small blister about to form. He nodded his head.

"I'm fine." His voice seemed a little off but I decided not to push. I nursed his hand and he let me.

Once I was done he made his way back over to the stove. He had bacon in the frying pan and something in the oven.

"Just want to make you  fucking dinner." He fumed. I could feel the anger radiating off of his body. It seemed as if something was really bothering him.

"Xav-"

"Not now." He clipped. My eyes widened at his tone. How did he go from sweet and loving to cold and emotionless again? What had I done?

I decided to leave him in peace. I went to Xavier's bathroom and showered. I tried to forget about the sudden change in Xavier's mood. I knew he would have his off days, he said he would, I just had to sit them through.

I washed my hair and my body thoroughly. I was still going to go out. I deserved it, I deserved to see my friends and have some fun. I had been couped up in a hospital for days, and I had a scare with Xavier's mother. Would Xavier let me go? Or would be too frightened now that his mother's back on the scene?

With that thought, I got out of the shower and used a towel on the side to dry myself off. I then realised I hadn't bought my stuff to Xavier's to change into, so I put my old clothes back on, deciding I'd need to go next door and change.

I made my way back to Xavier, a plate of bacon and chips laid on a plate in front of me on the table. I sat down and looked up to Xavier, his back turned to me. I smiled. He wasn't the best cook but he tried.

"Thank you." I said pleasingly. I had a grunt in reply. My smile fell. I was starting to worry. Had he gone off me? I tried not to panic, but I was and always had been a worrier.