18.

Chapter 18.

       Xavier had slept with me every day for the last two weeks since.

I would spend the whole day with him-most of the day-and as soon as he knew I was ready to leave, his face would drop and it killed me.

I told him he could sleep with me whenever he wanted, he seemed to sleep well next to me and I was happy; happy for him.

I knew he wasn't much of a sleeper anyway, but he was now getting at least 7 hours a night.

And who was I to complain? Of course I wanted him next to me. I felt safe with his arm wrapped around my waist at night. And I'm sure he did too.

It was a Friday and by the looks of Katie's face, I knew she had something planned.

"So I was thinking..." She trailed off, her twinkling eyes looking straight at me. I already wanted to decline.

"Kat-"

"Ah ah ah," she help up her hand to stop me from saying anything more. My words died out. "You're coming."

"Really?" I whined. "Where are we going?"

"To a club." Katie replied as her voice took on the duh tone. I sighed loudly, obviously showing my disinterest.

"But-"

"Ah." She held up her finger again. "You're coming because you haven't been out for a while and we used to go out all of the time. I miss my old bestfriend." She replied with a pout.

She was using the guilt trip on me, and it was starting to work.

But truth is, I would have rather stayed in with Xavier tonight. I knew he didn't like me going out, and I started to dislike it too.

Then again, I used to love it, so why should I change?

"You'll come?" Katie asked, batting her eye lashes and pouting her lips. I sighed again and rolled my eyes.

"Fine, fine!" I let out and she jumped out of her chair.

"You'll enjoy it!" She beamed before bounding away.

That's what I thought last time I went out, but last time I was drunk and somehow I found Xavier at my place. And also, he told me quite prominently how he didn't like me going.

I could go without telling him, but I knew I would tell him at some point. He couldn't be the boss of me however much he hated it.

I got out of my chair and made my way into the corridor, I then kept walking until I was outside of Xavier's room.

I knocked on the door firmly.

Xavier opened up without a second longer to spare. He left the door wide open for me to enter as he moved to the sofa in front of us.

"Hey." He greeted. Seeing him was always like the first time.

"Hey." I breathed as I looked to him sprawled out on his sofa. He patted the seat next to him and I sat down, desperately wanting to curl my body up against his.

"I'm going out tonight." I stated whilst I looked over at the blank television screen. I could feel Xavier's eyes snap to my face.

"Where?" He asked. I had his full undivided attention. I loved it, I always did, but right now I didn't know what I'd rather do.

He could be intimidating. His eyes, they never looked into mine, but the intensity of them didn't affect me any less. The way he acted, the way he was, was intimidating. But it didn't do anything to change the way felt about him.