❅ Chapter 11❅

I was dead. I had to be dead.

Swimming in an all consuming black until...

There! A small drop of light, somewhere in the distance, growing larger, closer...

My eyes popped open, and I was back in the Winter Palace, laying in a bed I didn't recognize. The sun had set, the sky high above alight with millions of beautiful stars, and I was naked.

Somewhere, deep in my mind, I heard the faint thud, thud of a second heart. My heart, somewhere far away. I watched as my hands - no, someone else's hands, reached for a silken blue robe with intricate designs sewn into the cuffs of silver. Pale, slender fingers - a man's fingers, calloused and rough.

The door at the side of the room opened with a slow groan, and there stood my mother in all her immortal beauty. She was glowing, her skin as lumenice as moonlight dancing in a shallow pool, her eyes shards of pure ice. And she was naked as well, her hair draped over both shoulders to cover her plump breasts.

When she saw me, the man, dressed in the robe, her lower lip jutted out in a pout. "Finished already, Akan?"

Akan.

A slow rumble vibrated his chest. "I have business to attend to elsewhere." The voice came out of my mouth, flowing into the air. It was so foreign I tried not to flinch.

With predatory stillness Mab made her approach, allowing all the best parts of her bounce and sway, her feet silent on the ice. I tried to fight the wave of nausea. But something stirred in Akan, a firm aching in his groin.

Nasty.

Mab crawled onto the bed, her back bowed. A small but firm hand pushing Akan down, back onto the bed. "Please," she purred, flicking her tongue over the shell of his ear. "Stay with me."

Foreign thoughts flooded me. Seed planted. What's done is done. Leave. Flee.

Akan's? I wasn't sure. But I was certain they weren't mine.

Weight balanced evenly over Akan's middle, she began to rub herself against his robe, slow and seductively. The satin rope loosened, exposing the Sage and all his full glory. I could feel her, wet and warm on my, Akan's, stomach.

A growl erupted from him, and victory flashed in my mother's eyes, her mulberry lips spreading wide to show perfect teeth.

She crooned, "Just a few more minuets?"

A shift of weight, and I was looking down at her. Her cheeks were flushed beautifully, a light blue in contrast to her ivory skin. Her hair - scattered around her head like a frosted halo. She looked absolutely beautiful, innocent almost, if not for the old and powerful weight behind her brilliant eyes.

No wonder Akan was helpless to her tricks. She was the essence beauty and power, all stored inside this small, porcien shell.

She reached up, tracing the curve of his jaw, his nose, his lips. He shuddered against her touch, and for a moment, just a moment, there was a flicker of adoration on her face - the way her eyes opened wide, the part of her lips, the catch of her breath.

Maybe it wasn't Akan that was a sucker for her tricks... But she for his.

With a wicked grin, she reached up and pulled his mouth crashing down to hers. A hungry, addictive kiss that shattered whatever walls she had put up. I could feel her heart thudding just below the thin skin of her chest, the enslaving softness of her body flush against his.

Akan pulled back to look at her face, to debate on whether to stay or to run, I don't know. They were both breathing hard, the hot tension in the air so thick it was hard to breathe.